Adventure and Travel

Pinner’s Paincave: No Heroics, Got The Job Done

Written by Oliver Munnik.

· By Bike Hub Features · 0 comments

ccs-62657-0-70027600-1521660684.jpeg
Photo credit: Gary Perkin.

Stage 3 was one of those days where you just had to get it done. 122km is not to be messed with. There were no heroics from us today. It was a case of focusing on keeping things consistent.

This sounds simple, but it’s often harder than one thinks. Especially when teams catch and pass you and all you want to do is throw a few matches at the challenge! As we all know, the number of matches in our matchboxes are finite … they are to be kept in your back skyrocket for very important moments!

ccs-62657-0-11632100-1521660691.jpegGetting the job done. Photo credit: Zoon Cronje.

While the stage encompassed a lot of the usual Epic terrain (think Klein Karoo shrubbery and farm roads) we did venture into and climb out of two or three spectacular kloofs (no wait, the plural must be kloowe. Please help this soutie met die korrekte word). Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures, but yoh, they were mooi.

It’s almost 9 pm as I write this and fatigue is starting to set in … my brain is devoid of power as it’s all been redirected to my legs … so I’m going to call it a day now and close up my computer. If you’ve got a few minutes check out my Santa Cruz Blur here.

Till tomorrow dudes and dudettes …

ccs-62657-0-96889800-1521660692.jpg

Related posts

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment