Adventure and Travel

Video: Contego Segment Hunter #5: Aap D’Huez

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 18 comments

In episode 5, Mariske Strauss is out to claim the Queen of the Mountain from Ila Stow on the Aap d’Huez climb at Welvanpas trails.

https://www.strava.com/segments/9765064

Behind the scenes making Contego Segment Hunter Episode 5:

ccs-62657-0-95139800-1481529239.jpeg

How do I ride this segment?

Aap d’Huez is part of the black route at the Welvanpas trails just outside of Wellington.

If you leave Wellington on Church Street towards Bainskloof Pass, follow the Bovlei Road turn off until you reach the Welvanpas farm. Here you can buy riding permits for the trail and grab some refreshments at the cafe.

ccs-62657-0-14690900-1481529251.jpeg

Grand Prize: Contego Unit Trust worth R30,000

At the end of the series, Contego are giving away R30,000 worth of unit trusts. All you have to do is ride your bike!

How to enter:

1. Join the Contego Segment Hunter Strava club and record your segment rides on Strava.
  2. Get out and ride! After each segment is announced go and ride it. Please ride safely though, there is no prize for being the fastest.

For each Contego Segment Hunter segment you ride, you will be entered into the draw to win. So if you ride all six segments during the series, you will receive six entries.

ccs-62657-0-89172400-1481527559.jpg

Episode Prizes – Win with Duesouth

By taking part in the Contego Segment Hunter Strava club you will also be in line to win a Duesouth voucher valued at R3,000 to spend in their stores each episode.

Episode 5 winner: Tim Wightman

Nominate your favourite segments for Contego Segment Hunter:

We’re looking for you to nominate your favourite Strava segments to be featured in our Contego Segment Hunter video series. If your segment is chosen you could win a Cadence Nutrition hamper valued at R2,620. You can still nominate your segments here.

ccs-62657-0-43162100-1481527559.jpg

Comments

001wikfs

Dec 12, 2016, 1:39 PM

NOT BEING FUNNY OR ANYTHING....

I JUST THINK THESE SEGMENT HUNTERS SHOULD CHASE THE SEGMENTS WHILST DOING THE WHOLE TRAIL/ TRAINING SESSION LIKE US NORMAL WORKING GUYS.

I CAN ALSO GO AND DO JUST ONE SEGMENT THE WHOLE DAY LONG.....SEEMS A BIT UNFAIR, BUT THEN AGAIN, THE PRIZE OF STEALING A SEGMENT FROM A PRO RIDER IS SO MUCH SWEETER THAN ANYTHING ELSE....

USE IT, DONT USE IT.......

Meezo

Dec 12, 2016, 1:47 PM

I JUST THINK THESE SEGMENT HUNTERS SHOULD CHASE THE SEGMENTS WHILST DOING THE WHOLE TRAIL/ TRAINING SESSION LIKE US NORMAL WORKING GUYS.

I CAN ALSO GO AND DO JUST ONE SEGMENT THE WHOLE DAY LONG.....SEEMS A BIT UNFAIR, BUT THEN AGAIN, THE PRIZE OF STEALING A SEGMENT FROM A PRO RIDER IS SO MUCH SWEETER THAN ANYTHING ELSE....

no need to shout

Hairy

Dec 12, 2016, 2:26 PM

Segment HUNTER.........hunters stalk and wait, don't wast unnecessary energy  before the kill :)

Wil6

Dec 12, 2016, 2:34 PM

This is gold :w00t:

AdrianDJ

Dec 12, 2016, 3:59 PM

Such a cool video edit

Pure Savage

Dec 12, 2016, 4:09 PM

Don't worry, no chance of that being seen as funny or anything :P

Nicolé

Dec 12, 2016, 6:29 PM

This was a truly fantastic video, the massive hard work really paid off.

'Dale

Dec 12, 2016, 7:31 PM

IT'S JUST A GAME

????????

'Dale

Dec 12, 2016, 7:38 PM

Lekka footage

Must go back to Hellington ❤️

Mamil

Dec 12, 2016, 7:47 PM

... great video and very clear that everyone had a blast making it. 

NicoBoshoff

Dec 13, 2016, 8:29 AM

He's not wrong you know.  Segment hunter on a climb is daft if not incorporated in the whole trail.

MTBeer

Dec 13, 2016, 8:35 AM

uphill segments are just

meh-baby-face.jpg

Jaco-fiets

Dec 13, 2016, 4:17 PM

Having this in my backyard I can honestly say this girl was flying up there. Yes the rest of us do the segments while doing the rest of the trails but even if you just had to go for this I can assure you this is 1 fcuking fast time!!!!

Serious Panda

Dec 14, 2016, 8:37 AM

Awesome video and great riding

udxcob

Dec 14, 2016, 4:45 PM

Great video, come on Ila, fight back

BrandonF_

Dec 14, 2016, 5:05 PM

...neff,...Neff,..?......NEFFFF!!!?....(no answer,.. she must be KROSS)

Hairy

Jan 10, 2017, 2:07 PM

and then they had some fun

OemD

Mar 7, 2017, 9:21 AM

I love this, can we please have some more?

I love to ride my bike but unfortunately I cant visit all these sites/segments...

PLEASE, do more regular updates, I understand there is a cost implication, but If its possible.....

Add a comment

You must log in to comment