Events

2014 Nissan TrailSeeker Series announced with new additional venue

· By Press Office · 7 comments

The immensely popular Gauteng based Nissan TrailSeeker Series announced their 2014 dates with the addition of a new venue to the list of 5 events.

ccs-41808-0-63497200-1398241792.jpg

Image credit: Zoon Cronje

The sold out series will be increasing the number of participants from 12500 in 2013 to 15000 this year by capping all 5 events on 3000 riders to cater for the unprecedented demand. According to Wessel van der Walt from Advendurance events the Nissan TrailSeeker Series sells out weeks in advance and riders should enter early to avoid missing out on the excitement.

Key to the success of the series has been the stunning venues and incredible trails Advendurance have been able to pick out within an hour’s drive from major centers Pretoria and Johannesburg.

True to form the 2014 venues promise to offer exactly that. The first event in the series will return to the small diamond mining town of Cullinan just East of Pretoria.

The Nissan TrailSeeker Diamond Rush will take place on the 31st of May followed by the Nissan TrailSeeker Hakahana on the 5th of June and on the 30th of August the race will return to the flat and fast East of Pretoria for the Nissan TrailSeeker Curro Hazeldean where the leaders average over 30 km/h !

The Nissan TrailSeeker Bundu Bash on the 4th of October will replace the popular Van Gaalen event that was upgraded to the MTN National MTB Series driven by Nissan. According to Francois Theron from Advendurance the event will take place in the Roodeplaat dam area. Theron who is a local to the area said that he has hand picked trails he knows from personal experience and he looks forward to sharing some the secret trails he discovered and improved on specifically for the 4th event in the Nissan TrailSeeker Series.

The fifth and final event will take place in Centurion with the established Nissan TrailSeeker Down and Dirty on 1 November.

Fritz Pienaar from Advendurance said his team will once again work to improve on each event and bring riders even more enjoyable events right on their doorstep.

For more information about the upcoming races please visit www.trailseekerseries.com

Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/trailseekermtb

Find us on Twitter: @mtbseries / @trailseekermtb

The dates for the 2013 Nissan TrailSeeker Series are:

31 May Nissan TrailSeeker 1 – Cullinan

5 July Nissan TrailSeeker 2 – Hakahana

30 Aug Nissan TrailSeeker 3 – Curro

4 Oct Nissan TrailSeeker 4 – Bundu Bash

1 Nov Nissan TrailSeeker 5 – Down and Dirty

Comments

DKS

Apr 23, 2014, 4:10 PM

The Article says Hakahana is on the 5th of June, where as the details at the bottom refers to the 5th of July.

WezGK

Apr 23, 2014, 5:49 PM

The Article says Hakahana is on the 5th of June, where as the details at the bottom refers to the 5th of July.
Advendurance site states 5 July...
Mr Winter

Apr 24, 2014, 12:20 PM

I hope its the 5th of June

Peat

Apr 25, 2014, 5:30 PM

It also says 2013 Serie, so whst do we believe?

Peat

Apr 25, 2014, 5:31 PM

It also says 2013 Serie, so what do we believe?

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Apr 25, 2014, 5:33 PM

I hope its the 5th of June

5th JULY 2014. with a new Rinkhals in the making....
Mr Winter

Apr 29, 2014, 8:00 AM

5th JULY 2014. with a new Rinkhals in the making....

Damit that is horrible news for me, I won't be able to make the 5th of July and Hakahana is one of my favorite races of the series

Add a comment

You must log in to comment