Events

Boasson Hagen, Farrar, and Anton renew with Team Dimension Data

· By Press Office · 7 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka is happy to confirm the contract renewals of Edvald Boasson Hagen, Tyler Farrar, and Igor Anton.

ccs-62657-0-23536400-1477654797.jpg

29-year-old Norwegian Boasson Hagen has an extensive palmarès to his name and looks back on a largely successful season. Besides retaining his National titles in both the road race and time trial he also crossed the line first at two World Tour events; stage 4 of the Criterium du Dauphine and stage 7 of the Eneco Tour.

“I’m really happy in this team”, says Boasson Hagen. “It’s a special team and I have good teammates. Going to race for Team Dimension Data and the Qhubeka charity for another two years is really great.”

Also staying will be Tyler Farrar, who served as road captain at many of the team’s races over the last two seasons. At 32 years of age the experienced American will continue to be a vital member of our African team and is likely to built on his mentoring role.

ccs-62657-0-89531500-1477654805.jpg
ccs-62657-0-61725300-1477654799.jpg

While both Boasson Hagen and Farrar are among the team’s classics riders, Igor Anton is one of the climbers. The 33-year-old Basque rider comes into form once the road gradients go up. This year he was one of the key support riders for the success the team enjoyed in the Giro d’Italia and the Vuelta a Espana.

ccs-62657-0-44345500-1477654802.jpg

Rolf Aldag, Head of Performance of Team Dimension Data, is full of praise for the trio: „Edvald, Tyler and Igor have proved themselves as great ambassadors for Qhubeka and as leaders on and off the bike for our team. We are happy to continue working with them to achieve our future goals. All three are great characters who act like role models for our young talents, contribute by scoring results in the races and hold key positions in our structures. The experiences and respect they have earned in the peloton over the years, in combination with the values they stand for, makes them very special to us and our partners.“

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka – 2017 Team

Igor Anton, Natnael Berhane, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Mark Cavendish, Stephen Cummings, Mekseb Debesay, Nicolas Dougall, Bernhard Eisel, Tyler Farrar, Omar Fraile, Ryan Gibbons, Nathan Haas, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Jacques Janse van Rensburg, Ben King, Merhawi Kudus, Lachlan Morton, Adrien Niyonsuti, Ben O’Connor, Serge Pauwels, Youcef Reguigui, Mark Renshaw, Kristian Sbaragli, Daniel Teklehaimanot, Jay Robert Thomson, Scott Thwaites, Johann van Zyl, Jaco Venter

Comments

Malpiet

Oct 28, 2016, 11:45 AM

Ai farrar, cant douggie find someone better ffs!!

Spoke101

Oct 28, 2016, 12:45 PM

Well do Ryan!!!

Rider3000

Oct 28, 2016, 1:16 PM

Eddie always a great sign !!!!   I have to agree on tyler as Malpiet said, but maybe douggie has n plan where he fits in!

Madone69

Oct 28, 2016, 2:44 PM

Songezo Jim?

aftershock

Oct 29, 2016, 8:53 AM

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/09/news/farrar-re-signs-with-dimension-data-i-love-it-here_420676

“Tyler is very important for this team, especially for the younger guys. They really look up to him,” said Dimension Data sport director Jens Zemke. “He knows how to handle a race, and he shares that information with our young riders, especially the African guys. Tyler is a real role model for this team.”

BeegMig

Nov 6, 2016, 7:33 PM

Eddie always a great sign !!!!   I have to agree on tyler as Malpiet said, but maybe douggie has n plan where he fits in!

Keeping the guys out of the barbershop and on their bikes?

Eldron

Nov 7, 2016, 5:23 AM

Much as I think Farrar is the quintessential damp squib - never underestimate racecraft. Some people have and some don't - having a road captain with a good racing brain opens up all sorts of opportunities.

Having someone on the team just for racecraft is a probably a luxury DD can't afford but if it wins them an extra race or two then winner winner.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment