Events

Cape Epic Stage 4 Preview: Greyton – Elgin

· By Bike Hub Features · 6 comments

The transition between two of the Western Cape’s most sought-after holiday getaways takes riders on many ups and downs, and a burst of singletrack. It is rolling hills from the moment you leave Greyton and riders will approach one particular climb with apprehension: it’s called Pumping Legs for good reason, and as you approach it seems like the road heads up straight into the sky.

Then there is some relief on the Lover’s Lane Descent before cutting through the Klipheuwel-Dassiefontein Wind Energy Facility near Caledon. There riders can marvel at the 100m-high wind turbines with their 58m blades standing like massive sentinels on the hill. Soon after that they will get a sample of the twisting trails at Wildekraans before heading across to the old Houw Hoek Pass (constructed in 1904 and also known as the River Pass because it follows the course of the Jakkals River). Then it is past the Houw Hoek Inn – nearly 200 years old and reputedly the oldest country hotel in South Africa –and on to Oak Valley Wine Estate for a good night’s rest.

Stage 4 route profile

ccs-62657-0-32655400-1489930647.jpg

Follow the racing

Learn about the many ways you can keep up to date with the Absa Cape Epic action here.

Live stream

Watch the Absa Cape Epic live stream below:

https://livestream.com/accounts/18093409/events/7142779

ccs-62657-0-49605600-1489930741.png
ccs-62657-0-74616500-1489930731.png

Daily Prize: Stage 4

Absa Cape Epic branded Amped Avid X 10,000mAh battery pack and Columbia Sportswear online shopping vouchers to the value of R2500.

Check your Epic Fantasy League progress here (it’s not too late to enter for the daily prizes).

For more information about Amped visit: www.amped.co.za
For more information about Columbia Sportswear visit: www.columbiasportswear.co.za

Related posts

Comments

'Dale

Mar 22, 2017, 5:13 PM

A monster stage

Gotta pace the effort smartly

Big mountain near the end ☠️☠️☠️

Larry King

Mar 22, 2017, 5:17 PM

Finally a big stage....

Jaco-fiets

Mar 22, 2017, 6:11 PM

I'll be going through to check things out tomorrow. My head says that Sauzie and Coolharvy will take the yellow tomorrow. My heart want Cannondale to carry it straight through

BaGearA

Mar 22, 2017, 8:55 PM

I'll be going through to check things out tomorrow. My head says that Sauzie and Coolharvy will take the yellow tomorrow. My heart want Cannondale to carry it straight through

Same feeling here.

Vetseun

Mar 23, 2017, 4:53 AM

Ja, I think Sussi and Jarro are poised to strike.

Slowbee

Mar 23, 2017, 5:00 AM

i dont recall the botriver pass being so big.

unless the are including going up the side of another hill as well.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment