Events

Castelli to sponsor Team MTN-Qhubeka

· By Matt · 1 comment

Castelli has signed an exclusive partnership agreement with Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. The sponsorship is further evidence of the Italian brand’s dedication to making clothing that provides a competitive advantage.

_MG_3109.jpg

Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung is Africa’s first UCI-registered Professional Continental team. With its dedicated approach to scientific coaching and embrace of technology, the team has had a highly successful debut in world cycling. The team kicked off the 2013 season with a win in Milan-San Remo, on the way to 11 other victories so far this year.

Castelli brand manager Steve Smith says, “Castelli wants to partner with Africa’s Pro Conti cycling team to push our innovation and performance wear to the limit. Castelli has created the best cycling garments on the market by working with teams racing at the highest level, and it’s exciting to take the next step and see if we can help the riders from Team MTN-Qhubeka perform better in our garments. We saw this spring that some of the team’s African riders were freezing on the bike, since many of them are not used to dressing for the cold of Europe in the spring. This partnership will help us improve our products for racing and riding in cold conditions.”

Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung team principal Douglas Ryder says, “It’s exciting for us to enter this partnership with Castelli. Castelli leads in innovation and performance, and we are incredibly happy that Castelli wants to work with our African Pro Conti team as well as the World Cycling Centre Africa feeder team and help our riders cope with the demands of international racing conditions. Product development is a key component of the partnership, as is the Qhubeka project, which will benefit through contributions from global retail sales of the team clothing.”

Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung rides to raise awareness for Qhubeka. Qhubeka is a nonprofit organization that gives bicycles to people in return for work they do to improve their communities, benefit the environment or advance their schooling. To date the project has provided 40,000 bicycles in southern Africa.

“It’s the Qhubeka project that differentiates this team from the others. While everyone likes winning, with this team the goals go beyond the race to helping change people’s lives,” says Castelli vice president Dario Cremonese.

About Castelli

Castelli apparel has always represented the finest in Italian quality and innovation for cyclists seeking maximum performance. With roots that trace back to 1876, Castelli has a long history of cycling-industry firsts, including the first Lycra racing shorts, the first colored shorts, the first sublimation-printed jerseys, the first windproof membranes, the first anatomic seatpad, the lightest jersey ever produced, and the most aerodynamic jersey ever produced. www.castelli-cycling.com

Comments

Bianchisti

Sep 3, 2013, 10:53 AM

Where do I buy my 2014 kit?

I have Assos shorts that lasted me about 5 years but I'd still rather buy a new set of Castelli each year for the fit and feel. Best kit ever!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment