Events

Challenge Mallorca: Igor Anton & Omar Fraile eager to start season with Dimension Data

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will get its European racing season off the ground at the Challenge Mallorca. The 4 UCI 1.1 races start with the first event on Thursday 28th January and the final race on Sunday the 31st.

The Challenge Mallorca, as is traditionally the case, will be incorporated into a team training camp that began on the 25 January already. Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will have a total of 13 riders to select from over the course of the week.

ccs-62657-0-11865700-1453838173.jpg

Igor Anton, Natnael Berhane, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Matt Brammeier, Bernhard Eisel, Omar Fraile, Merhawi Kudus, Serge Pauwels, Youcef Reguigui, Kanstantsin Siutsou, Daniel Teklehaimanot, Jay Thomson and Johann van Zyl will be part of the Mallorca Challenge race group. Race rosters will be finalised on the evening before each event.

The first and final race of the Mallorca Challenge are events that will suit the fast guys, with possible sprint finish finale’s. The 2nd and 3rd events are the races which will certainly suit the climbers. One might remember Steve Cumming’s getting our 2015 season off to a winning start by taking the victory at the 2nd Mallorca Challenge race last year.

Challenge Mallorca will be my first race in my new colours of Dimension Data for Qhubeka. It is good to finally start the year and it is always exciting because riders have changed teams and there are some new colours in the peloton. This year I am really motivated and eager to start the season. The parcours in the Mallorca races will be difficult on the 2nd and 3rd day but the 1st and final day the race will be more open with opportunities for all.
Omar Fraile – Rider
Challenge Mallorca is the first race for almost all the riders in Europe and for me it will be particularly important because I am able to continue my career in the professional ranks with a World Tour team. It will also be a new experience with a very different but special team for me. Challenge Mallorca is the best way to start a new season. At these races we are able to improve our condition in good weather and do some quality workouts. I am really grateful to have this opportunity and am motivated for these first races in Mallorca.
Igor Anton – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment