Events

Cycles Direct / Specialized West Coast Relocates and Expands

Supplied by Specialized Bicycles

· By Bike Hub Features · 7 comments

Earlier this year Cycles Direct, also known as Specialized West Coast re-opened their doors and welcomed customers into their new retail space in Sandown Retail Crossing.

The store has a long history with the Specialized brand stretching back well before the current subsidiary was formed in 2012. Owner, Gina Wills spent 21 years in the motor industry, ultimately running Audi and BMW dealerships, until her passion for cycling and vision of owning and running a premium cycling concept store saw her buy Cycles Direct in 2016 and build on the existing partnership with Specialized.

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_01_48_02.Still016.jpg

The move to a new retail space was driven by the need to expand the space and elevate customer experience. Sandown Retail Crossing is ideally positioned to serve a growing cycling community in the rapidly expanding residential suburbs around Parklands and Tableview. With quick and easy access from West Coast Road, an artery connecting the suburbs to the CBD, and plenty of secure parking it is easier than ever for city-bound commuters to drop off and collect bicycles, or just stop in to browse.

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_00_05_16.Still001.jpg

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_00_01_21.Still002.jpg

The store is uniquely positioned to serve a variety of riders. A Velosolutions pump track at the Generations school just one kilometre away attracts youngsters looking to play and hone their skills, while the Tygerberg MTB Club trail network, one of the largest and most successful mountain bike trail networks in the country, is just a ten-minute drive away. Finally, the cycle lane between Blouberg and Cape Town CBD is an iconic route for roadies headed towards Atlantic seaboard climbs or just spinning their legs and taking in the view.

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_03_58_19.Still055.jpg

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_04_04_08.Still056.jpg

The new store is more than just a bike shop: it serves as a one-stop shop for active people, with a physio, bio kineticist, and dietician all practicing in-store. Pilates classes are also hosted twice a week. The Seattle coffee bar at the entrance of the store sees to all customers caffeine requirements, while providing a comfortable space to relax and chat or catch up on emails.

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_02_28_07.Still028.jpg

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_02_40_15.Still031.jpg

The most notable feature of the new store is the airy and welcoming space, with easy access to the workshop for anyone seeking advice from the technicians or a quick fifteen-minute fix. The experienced and friendly sales team are always on hand and ready to point you in the right direction whether you need specific technical guidance or are just browsing.

The Retül Fit room is equipped with a state-of-the art Retül Vantage 3D motion capture fit system, to make sure you are perfectly set up on your bike: comfortable and able to eke out every last watt when you need it.

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_01_33_04.Still012.jpg

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_02_02_05.Still021.jpg

If you are passing through the area pop in for a coffee and a chat with Gina and the friendly and experienced team. The store is open from 09:00 to 18:00 during the week and from 09:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays.

Specialized West Coast
Shop 10
Sandown Retail Crossing
Sandown Road
Table View

Telephone: +27 21 036 2800
Instagram: @cyclesdirect
Email: sales@cyclesdirect.co.za

Specialized- Cycles Direct .00_02_42_11.Still032.jpg

Related posts

Comments

Hairy

Jul 22, 2021, 12:25 PM

:thumbup:

MORNE

Jul 22, 2021, 4:28 PM

4 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

:thumbup:

This reminds me…What ever happened to that glued in BB? ????

Hairy

Jul 22, 2021, 4:30 PM

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

This reminds me…What ever happened to that glued in BB? ????

I think the person with the frame realised that he was the real BB in the situation .........

Dazshell

Jul 23, 2021, 10:32 AM

I was fortunate enough to finish a ride with the Outriders and go for a coffee at the new shop.  What a setup!  It is absolutely amazing.

J Wakefield

Jul 23, 2021, 10:37 AM

When I lived in the hood many moons ago and the shop was nothing near to today, they (Michael) was nothing short of incredible. put up with all my **** and looked after me well. Great to see them expand like this year on year. 

Wish them all the best.

Robbie Stewart

Jul 23, 2021, 11:47 AM

Good to see my local LBS get some well deserved airtime. Top service by top folks. A recipe for success.

AllAboutRides

Jul 27, 2021, 11:03 AM

Aweome bunch of people and always willing to help! May they be blessed with this new venture!!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment