Events

Evobikes Launch New Website

· By Press Office · 56 comments

Local online cycling store, Evobikes, recently launched an updated website with improved navigation, category breakdown, stock visibility and more. Now in operation for over 10 years, Evobikes has become a staple for many online shoppers, and the recent updates look to improve the shopping experience.

ccs-144148-0-18815700-1600156378.png

The biggest improvement to me is the new layout and categories, as well as the detail filtering that is now possible. Also the feature that shows if stock is at a remote warehouse and not at our warehouse. Obviously we are always dependent on supplier’s accurate stock-levels but this is a step in the right direction.
Naas Kruger – Founder & CEO of Evobikes

Visibility of stock location & lead times

Stock will now be shown at either a remote warehouse (3 to 5 day lead-time) or in-stock at the Durbanville warehouse.

Evobikes have asked customers to bear with them as they continually improve the accuracy of local warehouse stock-levels. Also noting that they are first and foremost an online cycling store, suggesting customers purchase online rather than in store.

ccs-144148-0-37247800-1600156382.jpg

Expanded category breakdown

The new site now has a wider category breakdown in the various disciplines (road/gravel/mtb), each with their own component breakdown. For example, if you’re looking for brake pads, you can now search by discipline instead of sifting through all the products lumped together.

ccs-144148-0-32331500-1600156387.png

And much more…

The updated site includes further improvements with automatic shipping calculations for bulky items, improved sorting and filtering, wishlisting, more payment options like Zapper and InstantEFT, and a dedicated ‘On Sale’ page for the bargain hunters.

The Evobikes team have migrated all user accounts from the old site so login shouldn’t be a problem. However, they have noted that as with any large scale export and import of data, there are some pricing and stock issues on the new website that should be sorted by the end of this month.

See the new Evobikes for yourself at www.evobikes.co.za
Tags:

Comments

Chris_

Sep 15, 2020, 10:53 AM

*Clicks to read about Evobikes..

Google says: I'll put a Bikemob banner on top of the article page..

Haha

Reme Le Hane

Sep 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

Not sure about improved, it looks prettier but takes 10x longer to do anything.

DR ◣◢

Sep 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

Was this tested on mobile?

Zaskar

Sep 15, 2020, 4:55 PM

The new site looks good but its overly complicated. Why so many categories? Surely in most cases a stem is a stem? Why split everything into Gravel, Road Tri and MTB?

Also the picture thumbnails are too big when browsing on mobile, it just feels like you are scrolling endlessly and thats only on page 1 of however many. Infact in my opinion the thumbnail size when using the search function (showing search preview) is adequate, its only when you go into the specific item that you need a large image of the item.

splat

Sep 16, 2020, 6:46 AM

Congrats on the new website

This request applies to many websites:

Please add a button where you can choose how many items in a list you would like to display when browsing (12, 24, 36 or all) and then be able to sort them on price or name or whatever.
I think that function used to be there on the previous website.

The other online shop has a 'Show All' button that doesn't do that and I find it incredibly annoying.

DR ◣◢

Sep 16, 2020, 6:57 AM

Did you consider Magento 2 for your rebuild? 1.9 is archaic in comparison

madmarc

Sep 23, 2020, 5:51 PM

Hey EvoBikes - If you reading this - WTF are you going to sort the speed that your site loads at - Searching for stuff reminds of dial up speeds and waiting for paint to dry. 

ChrisF

Sep 23, 2020, 6:09 PM

Hey EvoBikes - If you reading this - WTF are you going to sort the speed that your site loads at - Searching for stuff reminds of dial up speeds and waiting for paint to dry.

Site is alteady improved since the launch.

I am looking for 27.5 tires. Initially this search showed tires and various other items .... now it only shows tires and tubes.

Speed seems fine on this side. Wonder if somebody else could check speed ... maybe you have some issues on your side ?

DR ◣◢

Sep 23, 2020, 6:20 PM

Still a UX disaster on mobile.

madmarc

Sep 23, 2020, 6:38 PM

Site is alteady improved since the launch.

I am looking for 27.5 tires. Initially this search showed tires and various other items .... now it only shows tires and tubes.

Speed seems fine on this side. Wonder if somebody else could check speed ... maybe you have some issues on your side ?

I have Cyclelab, CWC, Evo all open on different tabs - I finished my order and paid - Evo is still searching for the 1st item even after refreshing and deleting cookies - Their site has always sucked at speed - Obv nothing has changed 

ChrisF

Sep 24, 2020, 1:21 AM

I have Cyclelab, CWC, Evo all open on different tabs - I finished my order and paid - Evo is still searching for the 1st item even after refreshing and deleting cookies - Their site has always sucked at speed - Obv nothing has changed

Thats wierd.

Similar speed between Evobikes and BikeAddict on my side. Cant comment on CWC as I seldom use their websites ... quicker to pop into their store for me, given the lack of stock and service I hardly go there though.

Vetseun

Sep 26, 2020, 4:34 AM

New site. Old site. Doesnt matter to me. I placed an order and got the same brilliant service that I always have.

DR ◣◢

Sep 26, 2020, 8:57 AM

post-22685-0-62608000-1601110599_thumb.png

Why should I have to select clothing size when buying gloves.

This after waiting forever for the site to load on very fast fibre.

Get your product attributes sorted. It’s not rocket science.

JacqVenter

Sep 26, 2020, 9:28 AM

The site worked fine on my end. I have not noticed an improvement in any area but everything worked well and the service has always been great!

ChrisF

Sep 26, 2020, 10:11 AM

Maybe some of the IT gurus have insight as to the different experiences .....

My experiences thus far:

1) search for '27,5" tires' (for my bike) ...

- takes about 7 seconds to load.

- delivers a WIDE range of products, but very few 27.5'' tires ....  :wacko:   :whistling:

2) one week later ...search for '26" tires' (for Maritz's bike) ...  search done on the MOBILE

- takes about 6 seconds to load.

- delivers a WIDE range of products, but very few 26'' tires ....  :wacko:   :whistling:

Now surely I KNOW Naas wont sign off on something this weird .... so I boot up the laptop and try again.

3) search for '26" tires' (for Maritz's bike) ...  search done on the COMPUTER.  Now I dont use the "search bar", but actually use the pull down menus ...

- Components, then Tires ...

- wait maybe 5 seconds for the next screen

- Along the side is a very nice drop-down menu, and you can actually select the exact size of tire you are looking for .... wait about 4 seconds for the screen with the list of tires.

- uhm ja .. NO .... it really would be noce if the list of available tires came up first .... bit strange to page through various screens to search for the few sizes that are in stock .... okay, so maybe it is because 26'' is not that popular, so I click on 29'' .... Oooops, still a list of out of stock items, and now the "other items" pops back onto the pages ....

4) With a slightly better understanding of how the site works, I go back to the MOBILE .... JIP, same pull down menus, and same functionality  .... but due to the screen size not as nice to navigate.

NOTE - I then also searched BikeAddict, and CWC-Online for the same items.

- hardly any difference in speed when downloading pages.  CWC being marginally the slowest.

- each have their own "style" to their layout .... slight bit of concentration and it falls in place.

My conclusions after two weeks of using all three sites :

- much of a muchness ....

- speeds very similar

- definately the odd glitch on the Evobikes search function

- ALL THREE - thanks for letting me know which brands and products you can get, but please make it easier to figure out what you have in stock .....

Disclaimer - I do often check prices online, but still do the vast majority of my purchases in shop, even at Evobikes.  Of the three shops Evobikes have the BEST in-shop service, so mayby I am biased after a few years of excellent service from Naas and Janos.  :thumbup:  Granted, the last few months have impacted my shopping habits ....

Following this thread it is very interesting to note a CLEAR cut divide, some clients have no speed issues with the site, and others consistently seem to struggle with slow downloads .... OR, is "5 seconds" just too long for some ?  (not as if the other two are any faster, on my computer)

Rolf Hansen

Oct 12, 2021, 1:00 PM

Has anyone ordered something from them recently and have your lead times been accurate at all?

I generally try not to but I am about to lose my **** with them.

Steady Spin

Oct 12, 2021, 1:02 PM

2 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Has anyone ordered something from them recently and have your lead times been accurate at all?

I generally try not to but I am about to lose my **** with them.

Took 2 days for an order to reach JHB from them. 
Same as always really. 

How long have you been waiting?

Rolf Hansen

Oct 12, 2021, 1:06 PM

Just now, Steady Spin said:

Took 2 days for an order to reach JHB from them. 
Same as always really. 

How long have you been waiting?

I placed the order on 01/10/2021.

Janos said on Friday that I would have it by the latest this morning.

Spoke to Michelle yesterday and today and she has tried to be as helpful as she could but they have not even received it yet after which they still have to send it here.

Steady Spin

Oct 12, 2021, 1:07 PM

I get the feeling it is one of those situations where they are waiting for the supplier to get stock before they send it to you. A little honesty would go a long way to put your mind at ease when waiting for orders like this. 

Happened to me before with a Park Tool order that showed "in stock" with them.

Rolf Hansen

Oct 12, 2021, 1:13 PM

4 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I get the feeling it is one of those situations where they are waiting for the supplier to get stock before they send it to you. A little honesty would go a long way to put your mind at ease when waiting for orders like this. 

Happened to me before with a Park Tool order that showed "in stock" with them.

Yep I suspect the same thing.

Just letting me know what is going on would have been great but up to now I have had to phone and my email asking about it has gone unanswered.

The item has also since changed to "Out of Stock"

Thomo

Oct 12, 2021, 1:35 PM

19 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Reminds me of my recent experience with another online trader.

"Sorry, your order was cancelled because the item is out of stock."

But site is still showing stock, just at an inflated price now. ????

FondTF2

Oct 12, 2021, 1:48 PM

33 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Just letting me know what is going on would have been great but up to now I have had to phone and my email asking about it has gone unanswered.

When you placed the order was the item marked as "remote warehouse" as this could also explain the delay?

Rolf Hansen

Oct 12, 2021, 1:51 PM

1 minute ago, FondTF2 said:

When you placed the order was the item marked as "remote warehouse" as this could also explain the delay?

Nope.

Specifically only ordered it because it was indicated as "In Stock" and not "Remote Warehouse". This is what makes it so frustrating.

ChrisF

Oct 12, 2021, 3:02 PM

1 hour ago, Rolf Hansen said:

That sucks ..... :(

Then again .... the site has shown this banner for months -

stock.JPG.6ddc8e35e6da67b319423e87b6686714.JPG

YES, in an ideal world stock levels should be accurate.  YES, in an ideal world emails should be answered ... especially when the client is already inconvenienced .....  

HOPE your item gets back in stock asap, and that you get it very quickly ..... OR, an option to cancel and refund if they cant get stock.

I have made it a habit to phone and check stock levels before concluding an online purchase, with all online suppliers.  Technically, with Evobikes I phone, then cycle there to pick up my goodies.  Have had brilliant service from them over the years :thumbup:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment