Events

FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic introduces new Monster Climb

· By Press Office · 12 comments

Celebrating its 14th anniversary at the ATKV in Buffelspoort on Saturday, 21 May 2016 the revered FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike (MTB) Classic will treat riders to a new and improved Monster Climb.

ccs-62657-0-09272800-1461063838.jpgCelebrating its 14th anniversary at the ATKV in Buffelspoort on Saturday, 21 May 2016 the revered FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike (MTB) Classic will treat riders to a new and improved Monster Climb. Seen here: Guy Jennings in action at the 2015 FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike (MTB) Classic. Photo Credit: Tobias Ginsberg

“Although the new Monster Climb will be more challenging, it will be a little shorter and much more scenic,” says Harry Schubert, Course Designer FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic. “Now 5.5km in length the new climb consists predominantly of single track and features some steep, rugged and tricky up-hill sections over technical terrain. The new climb is sure to test the resilience of even the more experienced mountain bikers. All three routes (15km, 35km and 70km) will undergo exciting route changes. Each route will feature the necessary ingredients that a quality one- day mountain bike race requires, namely a great setting, spectacular scenery, technically challenging sections, unique trails and a fantastic atmosphere.”

“The FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic perfectly showcases the natural beauty of this area,” continues Schubert. “The Magaliesberg has recently been declared a Unesco Biosphere with the Monster’s MTB route running through the core of it. This makes the event extra special. Entrants can look forward to experiencing the true beauty of the Magaliesberg with amazing rock formations, pristine vegetation and magnificent views over the Buffelspoort Valley. Mountain bikers will get to test their physical ability and limits in a very unique environment. Some might say that you cannot call yourself a mountain biker unless you’ve conquered the Monster.”

The FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic is ideal for all mountain bikers. Entrants can choose between a 15km Fun Ride, the 35km ‘Half Monster’ and the 70km ‘Monster’.

For more information or to enter the FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic contact Stillwater Sports on 082 991 0045, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com.

Related posts

Comments

nonky

Apr 19, 2016, 11:09 AM

"new and improved"...hahahahaaa

Heel Drop

Apr 19, 2016, 12:20 PM

my first year doing the monster - looking forward

Guest notmyname

Apr 19, 2016, 12:58 PM

New bottle neck for the tailenders.

sirmoun10goat

Apr 19, 2016, 1:31 PM

70km? I will believe that only when I cross the finish line and see 70km on my garmin. always longer than publicised.

jcza

Apr 19, 2016, 1:37 PM

I'm also suspicious, route wasn't great last year with sections of loose dirt. Still undecided if its worth the drive. Wonder why the route is changing?

Heel Drop

Apr 19, 2016, 1:57 PM

70km? I will believe that only when I cross the finish line and see 70km on my garmin. always longer than publicised.

thats value !

Grondpad

Apr 19, 2016, 2:27 PM

I hope new isn’t a way of saying “fleshly cut grass” like last year. I think I will give it a skip this year and see what the guys say and if its good, then 2017 is on the cards again. At least it one less of me to cause a bottleneck (thank me later with a beer)  :thumbup:

typhoon

Apr 19, 2016, 2:32 PM

I'm also suspicious, route wasn't great last year with sections of loose dirt. Still undecided if its worth the drive. Wonder why the route is changing?

Just do it, i'll see you there... again... ;)

rudi-h

Apr 19, 2016, 6:55 PM

it's always been a harsh route littered with rocks and sand, don't think they ever advertised it to be compacted flowy singletrack with berms and scaffolding bridges over the rough bits..

if you honestly don't like being out there on your bike in the heart of the magaliesberg on a marked route with water points and some company, then i don't think it's the course designers fault...

Baaisikilist

Apr 19, 2016, 7:54 PM

I'm in...!

NelAndre

Apr 20, 2016, 12:09 PM

Seems like I gotta do it again......

arendoog

May 4, 2016, 5:26 PM

Will be gearing for some punishment again !!16 days till monster day

Add a comment

You must log in to comment