Events

Fuchs aiming for gold ahead of National Para Road Champs

· By Press Office · 1 comment

UCI Para-cycling World Cup gold medallist, Goldy Fuchs, is feeling physically and mentally ready for the upcoming 2016 SA Time Trial and Road Race National Championships, which take place in just over a week. The event will witness the country’s top para-cyclists who are ready for the challenges that the KwaZulu-Natal racing circuits will present.

The para-cycling Time Trial and Road Race will be held in the Wartburg/ Noodsburg/ Harburg area on 10 and 11 February.

ccs-62657-0-72686900-1454564684.jpgUCI Para-cycling World Cup gold medallist, Goldy Fuchs, is feeling physically and mentally ready for the upcoming 2016 SA Time Trial and Road Race National Championships, which take place in KwaZulu-Natal from 10-14 February. Photo: © Darren Goddard

“I am feeling very strong on my bike and in my mind,” said Fuchs. “I was fortunate to have a sponsor upgrade my bike to Shimano Di2 electronic gears, and they work great. My mind is bullet proof – I don’t allow any negativity to enter my mind.”

Fuchs mentioned that his biggest goal this year would be to qualify for the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games: “In order to do that, I need to do well at Nationals. I also want to defend my World Cup gold medal in the road race at the UCI Para-cycling Road World Cup in Pietermaritzburg, coming up in May 2016.”

The 24-year-old Capetonian has been working hard with his trainer, Boyd Roberts, who has been monitoring his progress. “We work closely together, looking at my fitness and fatigue levels carefully and then work out my training programme accordingly, making sure I peak at the right times,” he added.

Cycling South Africa’s Para-cycling Commission Director, Dr. Mike Burns said: “Cycling South Africa has a very high regard for the country’s Para-cycling community, especially in terms of the international accolades that national teams achieve, and for which the country is highly respected globally. Accounting also for some remarkable able body cycling achievements in 2015, it is clear that South African competitive cycling is currently on a very positive trajectory.”

For information about exquisite accommodation venues, please visit the Cycling SA Website.

Entries are now closed. For event information, please visit http://www.cyclingsa.com/2016-sa-road-champs/, or contact Kelvin du Sart on kzncycling@iafrica.com 082 446 9833, or Michelle Matthews on matthewsmichelle68@gmail.com 084 407 5566.

Comments

rock

Feb 4, 2016, 7:26 AM

I would be keen to see a bikehub tech feature on one of these trikes.....

Add a comment

You must log in to comment