Events

Haas, Meyer & Renshaw ready to challenge for national title

· By Press Office · 0 comments

The Australian National Road Championships will see Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka in competition for the first time this year. All three of our Aussies, Nathan Haas, Cameron Meyer and Mark Renshaw are set to line up for Sunday’s road race.

ccs-62657-0-86848700-1452233974.jpg

Taking place in Ballarat once again, the elite men will be racing over a well-known 183.6km. The course has always lent itself to an attacking race with the opportunists in with a good shout during the 18 10.2km laps. As per usual, the two home teams of Orica-GreenEDGE and Drapac Cycling will have to shoulder much of the responsibility for the races outcome as they have a clear advantage in numbers.

Our African Team will field three strong contenders for the green and gold stripes in the form of Cameron Meyer who has twice finished 4th during the elite road nationals, Nathan Haas and Mark Renshaw. With history suggesting that it will be either a solo victor or a winner from a small group on Sunday, our boys are keen to challenge for the national jersey.

Racing in January is always tricky, timing it right without racing before is an art, but one I think between the three of us somebody will have gotten right.

Between Cam, Mark and myself I know we have a very dangerous squad, we just hope it’s enough to overthrow the teams with many more guys than us. But when there’s a will there’s a way, and on a course as hard as Ballarat, with 18 times up the climb, the cream always comes to the top. It’s time for some fun.
Nathan Haas – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment