What makes this the perfect 100 Mile intro?
- It’s accessible. With the start and finish in Malmesbury you don’t have to bother with transport and you can drive to the start in the morning.
- Price. Shop around, this race offers great value and your entry fee includes on-route breakfast and lunch points.
- Support. Apart from a large race support contingent, your supporters can assist you at 4 easy to reach Spectator points on the day. This makes it perfect for your family and friends to be part of the day and allows you to break your effort into achievable segments.
- Route. The route consists predominantly of flowing and fast-rolling dirt road. With 2400m of climbing over the day, it certainly is not flat but very few riders struggle to make cut-off.
- The cause. Proceeds of the race go towards Amarider’s advocacy efforts and over the past years have made projects like the recent opening of new trails on Table Mountain possible.
For catering purposes and general planning, only pre-entries will be accepted for this event and entries are limited. Riders can ride as solo competitors or form 4-person (non-relay) teams and enjoy a day out with mates in the saddle. The team results will be based on the 4th rider crossing the line thereby encouraging teamwork and camaraderie. Open and Mixed team trophies are awarded.
A shorter 50 mile (80km) race option, starts at the halfway mark at Riebeeck Kasteel and ends with the 100Miler riders at the Malmesbury Showgrounds. This event provides an opportunity for riders keen to get a taste of endurance riding and experience the 2nd half of the 100-mile route option.
TIME: 07h30 (100Miler) & 09h00 (50Miler)
DISTANCE: 160km or 80km
100Miler: R 580
50Miler: R 350
*Amarider members get R50 discount on entry fee.
ENTER HERE. No late entries will be accepted.
100 MILER INFO:
Four spectator points - go and support the riders!
Total route elevation is 2200m
50 MILER INFO:
For the not so brave there are a 50 Miler (80km) which starts at Riebeeck Kasteel (Delico Butchery) and finishes in Malmesbury (please note entries are limited and only pre-entries are taken).
There will be a shuttle from the finish to the start at Delico at 07h30 and there will be NO shuttle available in the afternoon.
You have to book & pay R150 for the shuttles and they were fully booked last year. So please try and arrange lifts with your friends or family. It is a 25km drive from the finish to the start.
You will need an Amarider Trail Tag to be timed for this event, you will tag in and out at various check points along the route.
The Trail Tags are available for purchase at R100 or for rent at R50. You’ll use the Tag at most Dirtopia and Amarider events, so you might as well purchase one. If you don’t have a Trail Tag you MUST purchase a temporary Trail Tag at R50 OR a permanent Trail Tag at R100 upon entering.
Amarider is a recreational trails advocacy group focused on improving trail opportunities on the African continent and proceeds of the event are channelled directly to trail projects. Amarider is focused on improving trail construction standards around the country and assist various mountain bike clubs to ensure that their trails are safe and environmentally sustainable.
Finishing the Amarider 100 Miler within the allotted 10hours 30minutes cut-off time is one of the most challenging endurance tests!