Events

Kachelhoffer sprints to victory at The Fast One

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Perfect, if a little windy, conditions greeted the women’s elite bunch at the 2016 Value Logistics Fast One.

The Fast One is always first big race of the year and normally kicks of the 2016 season. It is the race where all the new combinations of teams show off their team jerseys for the season. The women’s field had a great turnout with a combination of sponsors that stayed in the sport and a great deal of new teams and sponsors joining the women’s elite bunch.

ccs-62657-0-94341700-1454318053.jpg

The race started at a relatively easy pace, everyone checking out everyone. A lot of newcomers and a lot of nerves that ran high. The pace soon started picking up as the bunch went over the first couple of rolling hills.

Team Demacon started with the first real moves of the day, followed by Team Timefreight-E, Team POC and Team Clover. These moves thinned out the bunch dramatically but now riders went clear. Team Clover raced very aggressively they kept the pace high and the bunch on their toes.

The race kept a high pace and it was hard racing which caused a lot of riders to be dropped and it ended up being like an elimination race and a bunch of only 15 riders going to the line to battle it out in a bunch sprint.

ccs-62657-0-20756800-1454318054.jpg

An-Li Kachelhoffer (POC) took the victory followed by Lynette Burger (Demacon) with Charlene Roux (Clover) securing the final podium spot.

“At the halfway mark I already knew that most of the teams want to play it out on a bunch sprint. I am not one of the best sprinters but I can mix it up every now and again. I am ecstatic with the win. It is a great way to start of the 2016 season for my local team POC.”

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment