Industry News

Liv Commits to Mariske Strauss

· By Press Office · 7 comments

Liv Cycling South Africa have signed Mariske Strauss, the multiple South African cross-country champion for 2022 and beyond. The 2021 Absa African Jersey winner will focus on UCI XCO World Cup racing in preparation for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games as well as selected South African stage races, including the Absa Cape Epic. Strauss will be competing predominantly on the Liv Pique Advanced Pro 29 full suspension mountain bike. Rola Motor Group will continue their long-standing partnership with South Africa’s most successful women’s mountain biker, while Garmin has come onboard as a new personal sponsor.

Mariske Strauss Lic Cycling 2.jpg

“I am beyond excited to join the Liv family, having raced on Giant when I first started my cycling journey over two decades ago,” an enthusiastic Strauss exclaimed. “It really feels like I’m coming home. Especially when I walked into the offices at Dragons Sports and recognised so many faces.”

“The whole feel of the Liv Pique Advanced Pro 29 is so different to what I’ve raced before, yet everything just felt like it fit from the first moment,” she elaborated. “The bike is super comfortable. The short time I’ve spent on it has been so much fun and I cannot wait to see what we can accomplish together, starting at the Attakwas Extreme this weekend.” 

“Signing an athlete and an ambassador of the calibre of Mariske Strauss is quite a coup” smiled Andrew Cattell, of Liv Cycling’s Southern Africa’s distributors Dragons Sports. “We are excited to help her achieve her goals in 2022 and beyond, but also to use the partnership with Mariske to promote women’s cycling in South Africa. She’s a fantastic ambassador and a source of great inspiration for young girls, in particular, who are just starting out on their cycling journey.”

Mariske Strauss Lic Cycling 5.jpg

“The Liv Pique Advanced Pro 29 is a race-proven platform and we’re looking forward to seeing Mariske in action on it in South African conditions,” Cattell added. “Events like the Cape Epic and Tankwa Trek are the ultimate proving ground for mountain bikes and Mariske will certainly be putting the bike through its paces. Showcasing its capability in the hands of South Africa’s most decorated cross-country rider can only provide confidence to the competitive amateur riders out there. Liv’s commitment to products that are designed, engineered and extensively tested for and by women makes the Liv range of bicycles a great choice for any female rider, be they a road racer, mountain biker or just a casual cyclist.” 

“I’m thrilled to have not only the support of Liv Cycling, but also that of the Rola Motor Group and Garmin this year,” Strauss confirmed. “They along with my product partners – Cadence Nutrition, Oakley Eyewear, JBL, Leatt, ButtaNutt Nut Butter, Sox Footwear, Sludge Sealant, Bwise Insurance Harrismith, CST Tyres, Thule, Oxygenate and the Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club – help keep the wheels turning and make racing at the highest level financially and physically possible. I will, also, once again be racing in Ciovita’s world-class cycling kit. Their custom design process makes it possible for me to not only represent my sponsors when racing individually but to do so and still synchronise, with my teammate, when taking part in stage races.” 

Mariske Strauss Lic Cycling 4.jpg

“My race plans are a bit different this season,” she continued. “The UCI World Cups are still on the table, a bit later this season, in preparation for Commonwealth Games in late July. As for my local racing, the Tankwa Trek and Cape Epic are first up. I’m over the moon to be able to line up with Candice Lill again. We have such amazing partnership; so other than my bike, the set-up of that team for major stage races will continue pretty much as it was last year. We have our eyes on the target and we’re as hungry as ever to go for gold.”

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

DIPSLICK

Jan 13, 2022, 3:48 PM

12 minutes ago, Press Office said:

Liv Cycling South Africa have signed Mariske Strauss, the multiple South African cross-country champion for 2022 and beyond. The 2021 Absa African Jersey winner will focus on UCI XCO World Cup racing in preparation for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games as well as selected South African stage races, including the Absa Cape Epic. Strauss will be competing predominantly on the Liv Pique Advanced Pro 29 full suspension mountain bike. Rola Motor Group will continue their long-standing partnership with South Africa’s most successful women’s mountain biker, while Garmin has come onboard as a new personal sponsor.

View full article

Nice, Congrats must say bought my daughter a Liv road bike for her trainer. Very impressed superb paint work and they know how to work with colours, it was only on the trainer but I was very impressed, must look into their range

'Dale

Jan 13, 2022, 4:13 PM

Mariske's longevity, incredible.

Her resilience to persevere and keep on grafting, priceless, even with the back and forth touring between EuroLand and Mama South Africa, as well as the unpredictability that comes with the C19 gogga.

Well done, sponsors, for backing up women's sport. 

The Ouzo

Jan 14, 2022, 6:01 AM

Nice

And well done to Rola Motor Group, there seems to be a reluctance from SA Automotive groups and OEMs to sponsor cycling lately, so seeing them onboard is great news.

LUZERN

Jan 19, 2022, 10:10 AM

Just spent a fair bit purchasing a vehicle from Rola Motor group. I have since noticed Alan Hatherley in a Rola Motors vehicle and now Mariske Strauss receiving sponsorship. Well done to Rola Motor Group.

I think the Toyota product range and mountain biking are a great lifestyle combination and I hope that all cyclists will support Rola Motor Group.

Danger Dassie

Jan 19, 2022, 10:20 AM

On 1/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, ouzo said:

Nice

And well done to Rola Motor Group, there seems to be a reluctance from SA Automotive groups and OEMs to sponsor cycling lately, so seeing them onboard is great news.

They've had an association with MTB for a while now, we did some stuff with their Volvo dealers a few years back, and they had a partnership with Arian Luthi at some point. Great to see a brand being both consistent and proactive. 
Good sponsorship lesson there. 

The Ouzo

Jan 19, 2022, 10:21 AM

9 minutes ago, LUZERN said:

Just spent a fair bit purchasing a vehicle from Rola Motor group. I have since noticed Alan Hatherley in a Rola Motors vehicle and now Mariske Strauss receiving sponsorship. Well done to Rola Motor Group.

I think the Toyota product range and mountain biking are a great lifestyle combination and I hope that all cyclists will support Rola Motor Group.

Rola dont only do Toyota, they have a number of brand under their umbrella

The Ouzo

Jan 19, 2022, 10:24 AM

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

They've had an association with MTB for a while now, we did some stuff with their Volvo dealers a few years back, and they had a partnership with Arian Luthi at some point. Great to see a brand being both consistent and proactive. 
Good sponsorship lesson there. 

agreed.

I tried to get Volvo or Land Rover up here to get behind some cycling events but was always met with "our budget has been spent for the year" responses. The problem for the most part is that unless the marketing exec knows about the sport they are sponsoring, they are either not interested, or see the potential but put the money into the wrong places and therefore get little ROI.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment