Events

Madida and Eggar excel at WCC (SUI)

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Two of KwaZulu-Natal’s great junior BMX enthusiasts, Manqoba Madida and Dylan Eggar, recently took part in a BMX training camp identifying young talent from around the world, at the UCI World Cycling Centre (WCC) in Switzerland from 10-22 October.

ccs-58780-0-26642600-1480594677.jpgManqoba Madida (left) and Dylan Eggar (right) took part in a BMX training camp identifying young talent around the world at the World Cycling Centre in Aigle, Switzerland from 10-22 October.

“Everything went very well for us over there,” said Madida. “We had such great times. We did our best and they enjoyed having us there,” he added.
Madida also mentioned that he hoped he had made everyone else back home happy and proud.

On the experience as a whole, Madida said: “The experience was amazing. The way that they live there – what they do, eat, all of it. The whole experience made being away from home, friends and family much easier.”

WCC Coach Thomas Allier mentioned in Madida’s report that was very strong, and has the potential and ability to thrive one day at Elite level.

Eggar said: “To start off I was really nervous about this whole trip, but inside I was always excited. I got to make friends with people from all over the world and I learned new things everyday I was there. It was awesome!”

He also mentioned that is now able to push himself harder on the track. “I pushed my self so far out of my comfort zone and it ended up improving my overall performance on the track and in the gym,” he said.

Eggar hopes to travel more next year, and take part in American and European races. “I want to keep pushing myself and never give up. Next year is my year,” he concluded.

Feedback from Eggar’s report was that he showed improvements from when he had first arrived, and has a remarkable ability to rider well under pressure.

KZN Cycling Development Officer and BMX Coach, Tyrone Johns mentioned that he was incredibly proud of the young athletes, and thanked all involved for the continued support.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment