Events

Mariske Strauss heads to the Orange Monkey international mountain bike team

· By Matt · 1 comment

Mariske Strauss who has been racing for Team Contego-Giant for the past three years, has joined up with international mountain bike team, Orange Monkey.

mariskestrauss (1).jpg

Strauss will race for Orange Monkey during the international season. This is the same team her fellow South African Rourke Croeser rides for. She is however not lost for Team Contego-Giant or South African racing. Strauss will still compete in local races and represent the Team in some of these local races. She will also keep on studying at the Stellenbosch University and will ride for Maties when possible.

For Strauss this is a big opportunity and a big step in the right direction for her international career as a professional mountain biker. “I am very excited. To be part of a European based team will make all the difference and will be so much less stressful. The team has a great vibe and I am looking forward to be part of it all. I will always love my friends at Team Contego-Giant. They are like my family. They have played a big role in my career and I will forever be thankful.”

Team Contego-Giant’s owner Schalk Louw said that the whole team and management are excited for Strauss. “We are so proud of Mariske. She is a very talented mountain biker and it is good see that she is getting the recognition on international level as well. We wish her all the best for the international season and can’t wait to see her performing like we all know she can. We will also welcome her home with open arms when she returns to South Africa and in the mean time we will keep her Contego-kit warm for her!”

Comments

Chris Willemse

May 24, 2013, 2:55 PM

Well done. We all know that you have the talent to become a great international rider.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment