Events

Meet the FNB Wines2Whales rider coach

· By Press Office · 3 comments

Stellenbosch based mountain biking coach Joanna Dobinson has been appointed as the official 2015 FNB Rider Coach for all three FNB Wines2Whales (W2W) Mountain Bike (MTB) Events.

“The FNB Wines2Whales is a highly competitive race so we believe that the participating riders will benefit immensely from Joanna’s tips. This coaching programme contributes to the exciting build-up ahead of this year’s event and we encourage all participating riders to make use of the tips to achieve their fitness goals for the race,” said Stephan Claassen, Provincial Head: FNB Business

ccs-62657-0-19074600-1426662653.jpg

“It’s an honor to be the FNB Rider Coach of this prestigious world class event,” says Dobinson. “I am super excited to help riders prepare for race day. FNB has orchestrated the filming and editing of ten rider tips that will be made available on You Tube shortly. These tips will take riders out on route to the more tricky sections with the focus on riding these parts faster and safer. I also explain the correct technique of riding switch backs, various styles of bridges, berms and how to improve bike handling and body control with slow skills drills”.

“I have also put together two training programs for riders to download,” continues Dobinson. “The goal of the programs is to ensure that riders get the most enjoyment out of the events by being skilled up, strong and powerful. I will be at registration for any pre event questions and advise. I’ll also be out on the course offering assistance to riders”.

Dobinson is also the newest brand ambassador for Specialized women as well as the proud coach for the ISUZU Kayamandi Trail Riders!

Mountain bikers taking part in the 2015 FNB Wines2Whales MTB Events can sign up for discounted skills training sessions with Joanna Dobinson. For more information visit bikinginthebosch.co.za.

EVENT INFORMATION: FNB Wines2Whales MTB Events

Starting in the Winelands of Somerset West, riders crossed through (and over) 13 wineries, 26 private farms, six mountains, historic roads and mountain passes, nature conservation areas (including the Kogelberg Biosphere) before finishing within sight of the famous whales of Hermanus!

• FNB Wines2Whales MTB Adventure: Friday, 30 October 2015 – Sunday, 01 November 2015
  • FNB Wines2Whales MTB Ride: Monday, 02 November 2015 – Wednesday, 04 November 2015
  • FNB Wines2Whales MTB Race: Friday, 06 November 2015 – Sunday, 08 November 2015

Like our Facebook page: Wines2Whales

Follow us on Twitter: @w2wmtb

Related posts

Comments

Headshot

Mar 18, 2015, 8:41 AM

Congrats!

JannemanB

Mar 18, 2015, 10:34 AM

Whoop Whoop Jo Jo !!!!

MarickH

Mar 18, 2015, 6:18 PM