Events

Meintjes, Thomson & Dougall look ahead to the 2015 season with MTN-Qhubeka

· By Press Office · 0 comments

After announcing the arrival of a number of new riders for the 2015 cycling season, Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung riders, Louis Meintjes, Jay Thomson & Nicolas Dougall shared their thoughts and excitement on continuing their careers with the African Pro-Continental team. All three South African riders have existing contracts which extend into the 2015 season.

ccs-62657-0-92324700-1413187045.jpg

I am really happy that i am still part of Team MTN-Qhubeka in 2015. The team has signed some really good riders, i can’t wait to meet and learn from these new teammates of mine. The team is really taking a step up next year and this is going to be great for African cycling. It will give us a greater opportunity to tell the world about what Qhubeka is all about.
Rider – Louis Meintjes
I couldn’t ask for anything more then being on the team for another year. I love everything about the team and with the riders coming aboard next year, it’s going to be really exciting to watch how this team will continue grow. Hopefully ill be able to make another step up next year personally, and be the best I can be in support of the super talents we have coming in to the team.
Rider – Jay Thomson
I’m really excited about the direction the team is heading in and I hope to be able to actively contribute to the teams success next year. I think they have provided the perfect platform for young African riders to realise their potential by offering them the chance to compete in the best races in the world. I have come through the MTN-Qhubeka WCCA feeder team myself and am now really happy to have the guidance of some of the most experienced professionals in the peloton. The recognition that the marquee signings have brought to the team, and will bring for the Qhubeka message, is just amazing. I hope that the life changing work done by Qhubeka will continue to increase through the exposure provided by the team and our new signings.
Rider – Nicolas Dougall
These riders are inspiring others to follow in their tracks and they have made huge improvements. 2015 is going to see Louis take a lead role in stage races and Jay is critical to the strength and success of the team in a support role. Nic has come through our feeder team and will learn a huge amount from the incredible team we have put together, I look forward to seeing more riders graduating from our WCCA MTN-Qhubeka feeder team in the near future.
Team Principal – Douglas Ryder

Learn more about the team at www.teammtnqhubeka.com​.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment