Events

Mekseb Debesay and Igor Anton sign for Dimension Data

· By Press Office · 1 comment

We are delighted to announce that the young Eritrean talent, Mekseb Debesay will join Team Dimension Data for the 2016 season as will the Spaniard, Igor Anton.

ccs-62657-0-74895700-1450358209.jpg

Mekseb has been one of the most successful riders on the UCI African Tour this year, picking up no less than 7 victories which included 2 stage wins at last months Tour du Rwanda as well as the overall GC win at the International Tour de Blida earlier in the year. The Tour d’Algerie and Tour of Eritrea GC victories are also among the 24 year old Eritrean’s palmares.

With all of his success coming on the African continent thus far, it will take some time for Mekseb to adapt to a full European calendar but we believe his punchy climbing talent coupled with his fast finish will make him a rider to watch in the not too distant future.

The experienced Igor Anton will also represent Africa’s Team next season, adding depth to our teams climbing contingent. Igor is already a well known rider, with a number of prestigious victories to his credit. Stage wins at the Giro d’Italia as well as at the Vuelta a Espana, Igor’s pedigree is well established. With a stage and the overall victory at the Vuelta Asturias this year, the 32 year old has also shown he still hungry for success after 11 years as a professional.

It’s hard for me to describe in words how I feel about joining this team. It’s a dream come true for me after five years of longing to joining Africa’s Team, which will race as Team Dimension Data next year.
Mekseb Debesay – Rider
I always like riding my bike but joining this team adds another dimension to it due to its cause. Knowing to race for a greater good is something that I feel very special about and am very much looking forward to. It’s certainly a fortunate feeling. I always wanted to continue my career, but liked the idea to join this team. It feels like a good group of people and I’m really motivated to pin on my first number in the new outfit.
Igor Anton – Rider

Comments

xcd

Dec 17, 2015, 5:03 PM

I'm loosing count now !

I think it's 13 Africans and 14 international. Any body know for sure ?

Add a comment

You must log in to comment