Events

Moolman-Pasio injured in Chrono des Nations crash

· By Press Office · 19 comments

Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio has been side-lined for approximately three months after crashing during the Chrono des Nations time trial and fracturing her iliac bone in the hip.

The South African has an approximately 6cm tear in the bone but it is stable with no surgery required. She is looking at a three-month recovery period.

Moolman-Pasio will remain in hospital for a few days before flying to South Africa to begin her recovery.

The crash was caused after a police motorbike was parked in the middle of a roundabout to protect another crashed rider that had been secured on the sidewalk. Moolman-Pasio was given no prior warning about the obstruction in the road.

Comments

monster

Oct 24, 2016, 8:56 AM

sad news.

Speedy recovery.

Spoke101

Oct 24, 2016, 8:58 AM

What a pity!!!

Headshot

Oct 24, 2016, 9:46 AM

Far too many of these moto v bike incidents in pro racing. 

shaper

Oct 24, 2016, 9:50 AM

speedy recovery!!

Patchelicious

Oct 24, 2016, 9:54 AM

The number of times that the word "moto" features when riders get injured is not acceptable.

Accidents happen, I understand that, but I am sure that the moto thing is getting to boiling point now and must be addressed.

Wannabe

Oct 24, 2016, 9:58 AM

Not good news, she was / is in the form of her life.

Speedy recovery, Ash.

Paulst12

Oct 24, 2016, 9:59 AM

What a big blow and especially for the 947 race... hope she gets getter and stronger in the process

Andrew Steer

Oct 24, 2016, 10:00 AM

Heal up Ash!

Stoffies1

Oct 24, 2016, 10:06 AM

Bad luck just as she was peaking!!!

Wonder Woman

Oct 24, 2016, 10:35 AM

Worst news ever. 

Enjoy the rest and heal fast Ashleigh. 

J∆kk∆ls

Oct 24, 2016, 11:31 AM

Play Station 4 Ashleigh. Get well soon! 

Pure Savage

Oct 24, 2016, 2:57 PM

What was the point of the moto? To protect the fallen rider, from what? Surely if the dude was going to stop it would be to warn other cyclists about the fallen rider, did not do that very well!

Sometimes we think Africa is backwards, as soon as a motorbike drivers gets near pro cyclists they go full retard. Never go full retard.

Bat

Oct 24, 2016, 5:39 PM

Bad news. Hope Ashleigh recover soon to her existing form. Or better.

'Dale

Oct 24, 2016, 6:22 PM

Eina ????

Mads

Oct 24, 2016, 7:17 PM

Ai....

Heal up soon..

Capcha

Oct 25, 2016, 5:49 AM

In reply to Ashleigh Moolman

It is worth clarifying that @ashleighcycling fell and slid to come hit a motorcycle that was parked on the low side. No collision on race

Ofaniy

Oct 25, 2016, 6:55 AM

The number of times that the word "moto" features when riders get injured is not acceptable.

Accidents happen, I understand that, but I am sure that the moto thing is getting to boiling point now and must be addressed.

I had too giggle when reading this. UCI aren't terribly interested in anything but money..... So this won't get attention unless their pockets start feeling it. Too many old school riders and administrators are still out there saying, crashes are part of racing

BaGearA

Oct 25, 2016, 7:43 PM

These races are getting super dangerous for the riders and not because of dick riders or substance abuse ( lets wait till friday ) but because of the imense amount of personel (<- edit spelling) that are involved and need to be transported with the riders by either car or motor bike, and is it really A "road" race when A rider needs to check for the vehicles on the road while racing at insane speeds? 

andydude

Oct 26, 2016, 7:13 AM

Has anybody seen the footage? Apparently they said the moto was stationary and she crashed into it (basically, it was really just an accident)? Still, would like to see something done, but BaGearA also makes a good point.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment