Events

Moolman-Pasio storms to victory at Festival Elsy Jacobs prologue

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio stormed to victory during Friday’s Festival Elsy Jacobs prologue. She was followed closely by Lisa Klein who finished second, placing two riders on the podium for Cervélo Bigla Pro Cycling Team.

Moolman-Pasio covered the 2.8 kilometre course in a time of four minutes and seven seconds. Klein was one second adrift and leads the young rider classification.

ccs-62657-0-05686200-1493410537.jpgAshleigh Moolman-Pasio on her way to victory in the prologue of Festival Elsy Jacobs 2017. A 2.8 km individual time trial on April 28th 2017, in Cessange, Luxembourg. (Photo by Sean Robinson/Velofocus).

“Every race has just been better and better,” Moolman-Pasio said. “The Ardennes week is where everything clicked and the signs were there that I was getting back to my normal self. It’s awesome to be on the top step of the podium, it’s confirmation that I am back to where I want to be and the injury is behind me.”

The South African time trial champion explained that rain made the course a little more unpredictable.

“I started mid-field and it rained at the start of the prologue. The roads were quite wet. I gave it everything but there is that little bit you hold back and I didn’t want to crash. I knew I rode a fast time but I was a little worried that the roads were drying and that would count against me. I’m happy to finish off with the win and it’s more special to have Lisa on the podium with me. She’s had as awesome spring and proven herself as a young rider. In this team, there is more than one rider who could win in a prologue like this and it’s special to be happy for one another and proud as a team. We have some cards to play and want to make sure we end the tour with the yellow jersey.”

Lotta Lepistö and Stephanie Pohl were also in the top ten of the final results. Thanks to the commitment from the incredible team partners, the athletes have continuously been performing at the highest level in the time trial discipline.

“I again want to thank our partners. The equipment helps us go that much faster – the suits from Endura, the bikes from Cervélo, Ceramicspeed – every advantage we could possibly have, we have it in this team so it’s awesome to deliver the win for them,” she concluded.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment