Events

MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung return to Tour of Flanders

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Yesterday organisers of the Tour of Flanders announced the 8 wildcard teams for the 2015 edition of the race. Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung are delighted to have received an invitation for a second year in succession.

ccs-62657-0-04055500-1423836438.jpg

The 264.2km monument, known as the Ronde van Vlaanderen, is the darling race of the Belgian classics. Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung rider, Tyler Farrar, is particularly excited at our teams inclusion in the race. “The Tour of Flanders is probably my favourite race in the whole world and it is the ultimate Flemish classic. It has everything in it, cobblestones, the short steep climbs, small roads and sometimes bad weather. It’s the quintessential Belgian classic and with MTN-Qhubeka getting into the race it is a fantastic stepping stone for us. I look forward to going there to race for the victory.”

The “Ronde” takes place on the 5th of April this year and MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung will be sure to send a strong line-up that will make an earnest challenge for the title. With 19 climbs on route, including 3 ascents of the Oude Kwaremont and Paterberg, MTN-Qhubeka are set to light up the race. Along with Tyler, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Edvald Boasson Hagen, Matt Goss, Gerald Ciolek, Kristian Sbaragli, Youcef Reguigui, Matt Brammeier and Jay Thomson have also all had the Tour of Flanders pencilled into their calendars since the start of the year.

“The Tour of Flanders is the pinnacle of the Belgian classics. I have raced the last 2 editions of the race and I’m really glad to be going back this year with MTN-Qhubeka, I love the race. Belgium is cycling mad and it’s going to be great to go there and show off our stripes to the passionate fans,” comments Reinardt.

Along with the 17 World Tour teams, Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung will line-up alongside fellow wildcard recipients Bora-Argon18, Androni-Giocattoli, Team Roompot, Cofidis, Europcar, Wanty-Groupe Gobert and Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment