Events

Oakley launches custom leader frames for 2015 Absa Cape Epic

· By Press Office · 10 comments

In the build up to Africa’s most grueling mountain bike event, the Absa Cape Epic, Oakley has created seven frames to match the seven leader jerseys for each stage of the 2015 race.

ccs-62657-0-69403500-1414092304.jpg

The much-anticipated route for the event that takes place from the 15th to 22nd March 2015 was revealed last night at Cape Town’s Westin Hotel. Seth Hulley, Oakley Sports Marketing Manager was excited about the brand’s participation in the prestigious event, “We have been the official eyewear sponsor for the Absa Cape Epic since 2012 and each year we aim to add a unique touch and make each event memorable with a focus on the rider experience. For the 2015 race we are proud to introduce the RadarLock™ frame in the corresponding colours of the leader jerseys that will be presented to the leading riders of each category and special jersey field.”

The customized Oakley frames match the colours of the stage jerseys and will be given to each winning team as part of their prize for that particular stage. The jerseys represent five categories and two special jerseys in the race:

Men: yellow

Women: rust

Mixed: green

Masters: blue

Grand Masters: purple

Exxaro Jersey (special): green

ABSA African Jersey (special): red

ccs-62657-0-68620600-1414092307.jpg

True to the Oakley brand heritage of Disruptive by Design, the Oakley RadarLock™ is the ultimate sport performance product. The lenses are made of Plutonite®, ensuring unrivaled clarity and offering protection against high-mass and high-velocity impact. The Switchlock™ technology gives athletes access to an array of performance lenses, allowing them to adapt their vision to keep up with changing light. Engineered to meet the uncompromising demands of world-class athletes, RadarLock™ changes the game with a new definition of performance.

The steep, sharp climbs and rugged terrain make the Absa Cape Epic one of the toughest endurance events in the world. Riders are pushed to the limit and challenged not only by the terrain but also the elements. Oakley, the first choice of eyewear for anyone that owns a bike, once again bridges the gap between basic participation and true performance.

Please visit Oakley on www.oakley.com or the Absa Cape Epic, www.cape-epic.com for more information.

Related posts

Comments

lesego.2

Oct 23, 2014, 7:38 PM

Very stylish!

shaper

Oct 24, 2014, 3:15 AM

The pic seems to be missing the Exxaro Green and ABSA Red?

VicanZA

Oct 24, 2014, 4:34 AM

Marketing at its best, can't wait to see everyone on the trail wearing the leader yellow Oakley...skip for me.

Gen

Oct 24, 2014, 6:19 AM

And how is this going to work when say erm leaders are sponsored by different sunglass manufacturers [emoji15]

James Mulholland

Oct 24, 2014, 6:23 AM

Marketing at its best, can't wait to see everyone on the trail wearing the leader yellow Oakley...skip for me.

It will be a great dirt roadie profiling device #fridayfightclub
YUMEYA

Oct 24, 2014, 6:56 AM

Oakley is bloody brilliant but a tad sly me thinks. All the leaders wearing Oakley. 

Is it going to be compulsory for riders to wear it over their sponsored brand?

Erroli8a8

Oct 24, 2014, 1:25 PM

I don't think so, it is part of their prize! I don't think that it would be forced on the riders to wear them the next day.

Shebeen

Oct 24, 2014, 1:42 PM

well now i'm really going to try beat suzi

Vinnydabutcher

Oct 24, 2014, 1:47 PM

At least do some custom work/inscription rather than just a lick of paint.

Stage name & profile on the arms or something to make it unique.

Dont half-ass it!

Odinson

Oct 24, 2014, 2:11 PM

Ugh.

Guess the pro's need Oakley to protect their eyes when they're pounding those district roads!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment