Events

Pfitzenmaier and King claim FNB Magalies Monster MTB Victories

· By Press Office · 2 comments

The ATKV Buffelspoort (North West Province) was teaming with activity on Saturday, 24 May 2014 when a record field of just over 1600 mountain bike enthusiasts towed the line to take on the much revered 2014 FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike (MTB) Classic presented by ISUZU. Both the men’s and women’s 80km races were won by first time contenders, Nico Pfitzenmaier (Team Dorma) and Janine King respectively.

ccs-41808-0-17433900-1401091376.jpg

Image credit: Volume Photography

According to Pfitzenmaier, the technical riding suited him. “This is my first visit to Buffelspoort, the region is completely new to me. The landscape and scenery is beautiful. Coming into the event I knew that it was organised by Stillwater Sport & Entertainment and I’ve heard that it’s a really nice race. So I wanted to try something new. The route was a real challenge and included a combination of everything, a real mountain bike race. I felt tremendously strong and really enjoyed the climbs. On the start line I realised that there was quite a strong field. So I decided that I was just going to have fun, finishing on top was a bonus. I’ll definitely like to come back next year”. Pfitzenmaier completed the 80km route in a lighting fast time of 03 hours 38 minutes 25 seconds. Shaun-Nick Bester came in second, while 2013 reigning champion Henry Uys finished third.

“I had a good idea of what to expect of the terrain,” says King. “I looked at the course profile and was aware that it would be a tough race. On the start line everybody was talking about the difficulty of the route. The climbs were tricky, rocky and tough especially on tired legs. It was fantastic. I’d recommend this race as it is really good training and now I can say that I’ve done the Monster”. King completed the 80km route in an impressive time of 04 hours 23 minutes 52 seconds. Maricel Bekker came in second, while Nicky Booyens finished third.

Wade Prinsloo claimed gold in the men’s 45km FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU in an awe-inspiring time of 02hours06minutes07seconds. Lo-Han Snyman came in second, while Marco Steyn finished third.

Yvonne Prinsloo was the rider to beat in the women’s 45km FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU completing the route in a well-deserved time of 02hours32minutes05seconds. Sandra Prinsloo came in second, while Cindy Porobich finished third.

Juan-Pierre crossed the finish line first in the men’s 20km FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU in a deserving time of 01 hours 02 minutes 24 seconds. Ruben Steyn came in second, while Lesetja Mohlaba finished third.

Prayer Mbulawa secured the top spot on the podium in the women’s 20km FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU in a spectacular time of 01 hours 12 minutes 03 seconds. Leilani Scheffer came in second, while Tanya Huisamen finished third.

Comments

rouxtjie

May 26, 2014, 8:14 AM

Nice one Mrs Edgar aka Janine, Wade and Yvonne!

And well what can one say about the 3:38 winning time by Nico....INSANE!

jcza

May 26, 2014, 8:16 AM

Nice one Mrs Edgar aka Janine, Wade and Yvonne!

And well what can one say about the 3:38 winning time by Nico....INSANE!

Ja he is lucky we started so far back! :whistling:

Great result :clap:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment