Events

Pure Darkness 3: The Trailer

· By Press Office · 17 comments

The Pure Darkness crew brings you ‘Pure Darkness 3 – Going big will never die’.

Featuring:

Sam Reynolds
Matt MacDuff
Danny Pace
Andreu Lacondeguy

Filmed at:
The Garden route trail park, South Africa http://www.gardenroutetrailpark.com/

Supported by:
Monster Energy

Music:
RL Grime & What So Not – Tell Me (Rudebrat Refix)

The full film will be out in about a week’s time.

Comments

popcorn_skollie

May 18, 2016, 6:54 PM

9a809cd43de310f7f8293cbe50b4492f.jpg

kk6gan

May 18, 2016, 7:18 PM

Yowzers

Headshot

May 19, 2016, 11:42 AM

And you can go to the GRTP and try the same stuff .... in your dreams :-)

MTBeer

May 19, 2016, 12:07 PM

I've stood at the bottom of that wooden structure and it is fuuuuuuuuucking steep!

Duane_Bosch

May 19, 2016, 12:09 PM

Rob reckoned Macduff says there's maybe 10 people on the planet that can ride that stuff. And of those maybe 5 can put on a show.

EmptyB

May 19, 2016, 12:11 PM

Child's play ;)

venom1

May 19, 2016, 2:36 PM

Nice work guys! Look forward to the full video.

Headshot

May 20, 2016, 8:32 AM

Rob reckoned Macduff says there's maybe 10 people on the planet that can ride that stuff. And of those maybe 5 can put on a show.

Duane, we are waiting for your video to drop :-)

NicoBoshoff

May 20, 2016, 8:40 AM

That music though. Cut off my ears now!

NicoBoshoff

May 20, 2016, 8:42 AM

Oh and I wanted to ask, how do these jumps differ from the stuff at the FEST series?  Smaller / bigger / same?

Because at FEST everyone is on big rigs, but here they seem to prefer slopestyle sleds?

For why (except contrived bar spins into can-can flip 360's - yes, I hate slopestyle ok?)?

wiledog_x

May 20, 2016, 9:00 AM

soooooo nice!! that start ramp looks like a bloody mine shaft tower!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7hzxORJThI

Duane_Bosch

May 20, 2016, 9:31 AM

Duane, we are waiting for your video to drop :-)

There's only one thing that would drop and it's not a video.

Grebel

May 20, 2016, 9:49 AM

HORRY SHET!!! 

Gautengers be like "we can use the mine dumps as landing ramps.... I wonder if the mine shaft lift tower towers will work for a roll in...."

Headshot

May 20, 2016, 9:53 AM

Oh and I wanted to ask, how do these jumps differ from the stuff at the FEST series?  Smaller / bigger / same?

Because at FEST everyone is on big rigs, but here they seem to prefer slopestyle sleds?

For why (except contrived bar spins into can-can flip 360's - yes, I hate slopestyle ok?)?

It is SA so its bigger and better okay :-). That ramp for one looks taller than anything else around and the jumps are huge. I saw the first tower they built there 1.5 years ago or so and it was scary just thinking about climbing up it never mind steering a bike down it...

NicoBoshoff

May 20, 2016, 9:58 AM

It is SA so its bigger and better okay :-). That ramp for one looks taller than anything else around and the jumps are huge. I saw the first tower they built there 1.5 years ago or so and it was scary just thinking about climbing up it never mind steering a bike down it...

Ja but I was being serious.  These jumps are friggin massive, so why no big rigs?  Or are the FEST series jumps really just even bigger?

Duane_Bosch

May 20, 2016, 11:08 AM

Ja but I was being serious.  These jumps are friggin massive, so why no big rigs?  Or are the FEST series jumps really just even bigger?

I think it's more a function of the shape of the jumps. Roman tried the big step up last year on his DH rig and it ended badly.

Headshot

May 20, 2016, 11:22 AM

I think it's more a function of the shape of the jumps. Roman tried the big step up last year on his DH rig and it ended badly.

Ya I agree - these things are steep take off and landings and I doubt a DH bike will help you. You have to be precise and get your landings perfectly angled...the more agile the bike the better

Add a comment

You must log in to comment