Events

Pure love of MTB for Jonsson ahead of Provincial DHI/Enduro Series opener

· By Press Office · 3 comments

The first round of the 2016 KZNMTB Provincial Enduro and DHI Series – presented by Greg Minnaar Cycles is two weeks away and KwaZulu-Natal will get to witness the passion, fire and pure enjoyment on the faces of those taking part at St.Ives from 20-21 February.

Sharjah Jonsson (riding for Greg Minnaar Cycles/ Santa Cruz bicycles/ Pizzology craft café/ Foxhead South Africa/ Cadence Nutrition) will also be taking part, never missing out on an opportunity to be on his bike.

ccs-62657-0-13722700-1454676142.jpgSharjah Jonsson (riding for Greg Minnaar Cycles/ Santa Cruz bicycles/ Pizzology craft café/ Foxhead South Africa/ Cadence Nutrition) is ready for some fun at the first round of the 2016 KZNMTB Provincial Enduro and DHI Series – presented by Greg Minnaar Cycles. The event takes place at St. Ives MTB Park on Saturday 20 and Sunday February respectively. Photo credit: Gavin Ryan/Quick Pix

With a strong passion for cross-country, downhill and enduro racing, Jonsson enjoys sharing his love of cycling across the disciplines: “I grew up riding pretty much what Enduro is now and I have and will always love taking a nice cruise to the top of a track, which includes the mandatory banter and bombing down old and new tracks just for the pure love of mountain biking.”

For 16-year-old Jonsson, the difference between Enduro and cross-country disciplines is “the different types of pain felt”.
“Cross-country puts your mind into full over drive and allows you to think about anything. Sometimes, while I’m racing, I swear I have solutions for half the world’s problems,” said Jonsson.

Although Downhill his main focus, Jonsson has a clear head and no major expectations ahead of the opening round of the XCO Provincial tomorrow, 6 February, in the forests of Hilton. “I am just going to have to see what I can do. Obviously we all like to win otherwise we wouldn’t race but you can’t live on empty wins if you are not having fun,” he said.

Amongst balancing schoolwork and training there is much on the plate for the young man, but nothing will stop him from setting big goals for himself. “My main goal is to be selected for Downhill World Champs in Val Di Sole, as well as getting my school marks up for varsity applications,” he said.

Entries for the first round of the 2016 KZNMTB Provincial Enduro and DHI Series – presented by Greg Minnaar Cycles are open and close at midnight on Wednesday 17 February 2016. (http://www.roag.co.za/eventinfo.aspx?EventID=1727).

For more information, contact Rebecca van der Linde info@kznmtb.co.za.

Related posts

Comments

Super_mil

Feb 5, 2016, 1:51 PM

What a good kid!

Go Sharj!!!!! 

Barry Stuart

Feb 5, 2016, 1:58 PM

A shuttle with Sharj is like a ten minute mushroom trip. Lots of giggling and nothing makes much sense. What a character, hope he does well.

Feb 5, 2016, 2:00 PM

this should be rad 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment