Events

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg leads Dimension Data for Qhubeka in Langkawi

· By Press Office · 4 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka’s next race appointment will be Le Tour de Langkawi, which gets underway on Wednesday 24 February and will reach its conclusion after 8 stages, ending 2 March.

ccs-62657-0-76412100-1456152073.jpg

Le Tour de Langkawi is an event which our African Team has competed in every year since 2008. The 2016 edition of the race will once again be an important fixture on our calendar, specifically because we return to the race as the defending champions. Last year Youcef Reguigui, our Algerian strongman, took an emphatic stage victory to Bukit Fraser before going on to win the race overall.

Reguigui will not be returning to defend his title this year as he is set to line up for the African Championships in Morocco later in the week. Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will however, be hoping to keep the yellow jersey in our camp for another year by sending a strong all African team to Langkawi. Reinardt Janse van Rensburg will spearhead our attack and he will be supported by our newly crowned South African Champion, Jaco Venter. Nicolas Dougall, Songezo Jim, Johann van Zyl and Adrien Niyonshuti complete our Langkawi roster.

The route does not vary significantly from year to year and so our African Team will go into the UCI 2.HC race knowing that the 4th stage to the Cameron Highlands will be pivotal for the general classification title while mass sprints are highly likely to decide the remaining 7 stages.

It is my first time in Langkawi and I am looking forward to having some sprint opportunities to go for a result. I heard that it can get quite hectic in the finals here, but we have a strong team that can bring me into position at the right times. We are not doing Genting this year but Cameron Highlands, which will be the big GC day. The way we do Cameron this year seems a little bit more difficult than in the past, so it is difficult to make a judgement on it now. Either way, we have guys ready for every scenario.
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg – Rider

Comments

xcd

Feb 22, 2016, 3:10 PM

No one can complain about this team 6 Africans 5 from SA.

'Dale

Feb 22, 2016, 3:47 PM

Geez

Another achievement

Wow

Oxter

Feb 23, 2016, 7:15 AM

if you look at the rider list on the tour website, Reinhardt's name is not there.   Mekseb DEBESAY instead

hayden_quade

Feb 23, 2016, 7:39 AM

Yes, Adrien Niyonshuti!!!! Legend!!

All African team,,,sweet

Add a comment

You must log in to comment