Events

Sahm crowned Pennypinchers Origin of Trails champion

· By Press Office · 5 comments

Swiss mountain biking star Stefan Sahm continued his winning streak at the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails 2-Day Mountain Bike (MTB) Stage Race on Saturday, 29 November 2014 claiming the Stage Two victory in an impressive time of 03 hours 10 minutes 17 seconds, securing the overall champion title in an awe-inspiring combined time of 06 hours 01 minutes 48 seconds.

ccs-62657-0-97359400-1417275067.jpg

Stefan Sahm in action during Stage Two. // Photo credit: Jetline Action Photo.

Once again starting at the Hofmeyer Hall in Stellenbosch, Stage Two saw riders having to complete a tough 68km route or a slightly less challenging 40km route before crossing the finish line at the Markotter Sports Field at Paul Roos Gymnasium in Stellenbosch.

According to Sahm, the 68km Stage Two route was one of two phases. “The first phase saw me smiling, while the second phase saw me grimacing. The route was really rough on some places. I am going to hear it from my wife tonight, as she also rode today. The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is a great event. It features awesome single track and takes place in one of the most beautiful places in South Africa. It’s been two days of awesome mountain biking,” said Sahm. Simon Stiebjahn came in second, while Matthew Beers finished third.

Diana Carolin claimed victory in the women’s long route completing the two stages in a well-deserved combined time of 07 hours 50 minutes. Louise Ferreira came in second, while Katie Viljoen finished third.

Defending short route champion Manie Lubbe claimed his first stage victory and overall event victory completing the 2-Day Stage Race in a combined time of 03 hours 49 minutes 19 seconds. “The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is a great event,” said Lubbe. “The trails are awesome and there is an amazing vibe amongst all the people. I am really happy to claim my second consecutive win”. Matthew Lombardi came in second, while Michel Lord finished third.

Allison Morton secured her second consecutive stage victory of the weekend, claiming the overall short route title in an impressive combined time of 05 hours 40 seconds. “It was really nice riding with my dad today,” said Morton. “I loved the single track. The vibe at the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is great, while the people are really helpful. I will definitely be back next year”. Amy Williams came in second, while Famke Allen finished third.

Francois Roux set the route ablaze in the men’s category of the medium route completing the two stages in a well-deserved combined time of 05 hours 49 minutes 43 seconds. Joel Schaeffer came in second, while Richard de Villiers finished third.

Kerry Gray was the rider to beat in the men’s medium route completing the two stages in an impressive combined time of 06 hours 44 minutes 49 seconds. Robyn Williams came in second, while Kate Munnik finished third.

Final results for Pennypinchers Origin of Trails available here.

Related posts

Comments

BrandonF_

Nov 29, 2014, 3:47 PM

Well done Stefan, you killed it!

Jaco-fiets

Nov 30, 2014, 10:01 AM

Thought he is German??

'Dale

Nov 30, 2014, 10:43 AM

Thought he is German??

He is ze German

(He was rolling the Burger today)

Jaco-fiets

Nov 30, 2014, 11:33 AM

Ok so he is a German Swiss mtb star then it seems.

CleatsnCleavage

Dec 1, 2014, 12:03 PM

Well done to Allison - met her in the start chute at Die Burger yesterday. 3 days of racing consecutively, nice work! 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment