Events

South African talent, Stefan de Bod signs for Team Dimension Data

Supplied by Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka.

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka is delighted to announce that 21-year-old South African talent, Stefan de Bod has signed a 2-year deal with our African World Tour team.

ccs-62657-0-31186700-1534147620.jpg

After 3 seasons with our Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka Continental squad, Stefan de Bod will step up into the World Tour team from January 1st, 2019. The multiple u23 South African time trial and road race champion becomes the 5th rider to graduate to the World Tour after developing his talent with our African feeder team.

Originally from Stellenbosch, South Africa, de Bod has been part of our development program since 2015, when it was still based out of Potchefstroom, South Africa. After relocating to Lucca, Italy in 2016 with the Dimension Data Continental team, de Bod was exposed to the rigors of European racing where he was gradually able to develop his climbing and time trialling abilities in 2016 & 2017, before a breakthrough season this year.

Starting with his 3rd successive u23 national time trial title in February, de Bod went from strength to strength and racked up some impressive results this year, including victories at the u23 Strade Bianche and G.P. Palio del Recioto. Podium placing’s at Trofeo Alcide Degasperi and Valle d’Aosta was only further confirmation of the talent we had already seen in de Bod as an 18-year-old.

In what has already been an incredible journey with de Bod, after the hard work and dedication he has shown, our African Team is delighted to welcome him to Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka from 2019.

I’m really excited to join Africa’s World Tour Team for 2019 and 2020. I’ve been part of the development team since 2015 and I am very grateful for all the opportunities Team Dimension Data has given me over the last four years. The team has changed many lives all over Africa through Qhubeka, and they have also changed mine. Joining the World Tour team is an absolute dream come true for me. I’m looking forward to learning even more from the experienced guys in the team and I will make the most of every opportunity I get.
Stefan de Bod – Rider
Stefan has progressed so well in the Team Dimension Data Continental Team and we look forward to him stepping up into the World Tour team. It is so great to see the riders in our feeder team stepping up and taking every opportunity presented to them. It takes years to make the next step in cycling and we look forward to seeing Stefan progress on his journey with Team Dimension Data.
Douglas Ryder – Team Principal

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment