Events

Specialized launches it’s first Western Cape based Concept Store

· By Matt · 9 comments

Situated at Somerset Mall (Somerset West), Helderberg Cycle World has signed an agreement with leading bicycle manufacturer, Specialized, making it the very first Specialized Concept Store in the Western Cape. Helderberg Cycle World will join Concept Cyclery Burry Stander (Ballito, KZN), Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch (Melrose Arch, Gauteng) and Lynnwood Cyclery (Pretoria) on the list of current Specialized Concept Stores in South Africa.

Situated at Somerset Mall (Somerset West), Helderberg Cycle World has signed an agreement with leading bicycle manufacturer, Specialized, making it the very first Specialized Concept Store in the Western Cape. Helderberg Cycle World will join Concept Cyclery Burry Stander (Ballito, KZN), Concept Cyclery Melrose Arch (Melrose Arch, Gauteng) and Lynnwood Cyclery (Pretoria) on the list of current Specialized Concept Stores in South Africa.

Director Specialized Bicycles South Africa Bobby Behan, distance running superstar Elana Meyer, Dakar rally winner Giniel De Villiers, former Springbok rugby player Corne Krige, Petie Viljoen owner of Helderberg Cycle World and former Springbok rugby player Tiaan Strauss. Photo Credit ~ Cherie Vale / NEWSPORT MEDIA

“We are really passionate about the brand, with the business serving a large geographical area ranging from Paarl, Wellington and Cape Town, all the way to the Overberg and as far as the Garden Route,” says Petie Viljoen, Specialized dealer and owner of Helderberg Cycle World. “Our target market is any cyclist, male or female, beginner or advanced, who understands that cycling is a technical sport where expert advice should be obtained before buying. The product range is vast and covers all price points, from entry level to advanced. The size of the store has remained the same at 360m². We have improved the layout, making it more spacious and creating a better retail environment. Our focus is not necessarily to be the biggest, but rather the best. We pride ourselves on our expertise, quality and expert advice”, says Viljoen.

According to Bobby Behan, Director Specialized Bicycles South Africa, over the past ten years Helderberg Cycle World has not only established itself as a reputable bicycle shop, but also as a premium Specialized dealer. “We are very excited to welcome Helderberg Cycle World as our very first Western Cape based Concept Store. Sports enthusiasts in the Western Cape are spoilt for choice having immediate access to prime locations such as Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, Schapenberg, Lebanon Forest and many more. The Western Cape is also home to world famous mountain bike, road bike and multi-sport events such as the ABSA Cape Epic, the Cape Argus Cycle Tour, Wines2Whales, Totalsports Challenge, and the Totalsports XTERRA Grabouw. Whether training for an event or just wanting to enjoy the outdoors, sport enthusiasts can rely on Helderberg Cycle World’s expert service and advice. We look forward to building new relationships in this ever growing cycling community”.

Prominent Specialized athletes and ambassadors include: XTERRA legends Conrad Stoltz and Dan Hugo, Dakar rally winner Giniel De Villiers and former Springbok rugby players Corne Krige and Tiaan Strauss as well as distance running superstar Elana Meyer.

Physical Address: Helderberg Cycle World is situated in the Meltz Centre, Somerset Mall, Somerset West.

Follow us on Twitter: SpecializedZA

Like our FaceBook page: Specialized Bicycles South Africa

Like our FaceBook page: Helderberg Cycle World

For more information on Specialized South Africa contact Bianca Grobbelaar (Marketing Manager) on 082 589 4181, email Bianca.Grobbelaar@specialized.com or visit www.specialized.com

Comments

2721sim

Sep 26, 2013, 8:13 AM

Very neat shop ... but I got the feeling that I was doing them a favour walking in the shop .. and felt like I was expected to apologise to them for walking on their floor, and pay the staff for just being there ... Sadly however this seems to be a common problem in the Somerset West area ...

deanbean

Sep 26, 2013, 8:16 AM

Very neat shop ... but I got the feeling that I was doing them a favour walking in the shop .. and felt like I was expected to apologise to them for walking on their floor, and pay the staff for just being there ... Sadly however this seems to be a common problem in the Somerset West area ...

except for William's bike shop...

Dazshell

Sep 26, 2013, 8:33 AM

I kn ow what you mean. I went into the one at Melrose Arch. Exact same story there. Left empty handed. If you want my business, you have to work for it!
stringbean

Sep 26, 2013, 8:46 AM

Went there a couple of months ago just to check out the Spez concept store.Was greeted at the door by a friendly youngster wearing a cannondale t shirt.

rock

Sep 26, 2013, 8:47 AM

Went there a couple of months ago just to check out the Spez concept store.Was greeted at the door by a friendly youngster wearing a cannondale t shirt.

please tell me you're joking.......

Pappa Bear

Sep 26, 2013, 8:52 AM

Not the case with William's bike shop......now that is a true LBS.

'Dale

Sep 26, 2013, 8:54 AM

Heehee

stringbean

Sep 26, 2013, 11:10 AM

please tell me you're joking.......

I kid you not.Had a laugh.

stringbean

Sep 26, 2013, 11:11 AM

Forgot,also saw some mechanic with a Merida apron on.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment