Events

Statement regarding the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB challenge

· By Press Office · 8 comments

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is aware of the situation regarding the fires that have raged in and around Stellenbosch over the past week and which have affected farms in the Greater Simonsberg Conservancy, through which the Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge traditionally passes.

We are in close contact with all relevant role players and once the situation pertaining to the existing routes are clarified, we will be in a better position to make a decision about route plans for Saturday, 27 February and Sunday, 28 February.

As part of our standard operating procedure we have alternative route plans available for consideration by the authorities.

We anticipate making a decision on the routes in consultation with all the stakeholders by 5 February 2016.

Our thoughts go out to those affected by the fires and the brave dedicated firemen, farmers and trail builders who have brought it under control.

Related posts

Comments

Oufy MTB (Roadie)

Jan 28, 2016, 10:57 AM

thanks for update, hope plan B is also not affected. One can't predict where fires are going to happen nevermind trying to stop it.

Due to family commitments I have delayed entering early for any events, in light of these fires. Not a bad ploy considering the fires.

I do understand that early entries  is good for the organisers but holding back is just as good so that if they do need to refund then there is less admin

Skubarra

Jan 28, 2016, 12:13 PM

thanks for update, hope plan B is also not affected. One can't predict where fires are going to happen nevermind trying to stop it.

Due to family commitments I have delayed entering early for any events, in light of these fires. Not a bad ploy considering the fires.

I do understand that early entries  is good for the organisers but holding back is just as good so that if they do need to refund then there is less admin

Don't know what Plan B is but I think unlike the road version you would in theory have more flexibility to change venues & routes.

Slowbee

Jan 28, 2016, 12:33 PM

dont sweat it guys! The cyle tour is pretty organised in this regard. Experience shows the best way to handle this is make the route shorter!

You okes worry way to much !

*run, dive, tuck, roll onto the bike and out the door*

Boerklong

Jan 28, 2016, 12:38 PM

dont sweat it guys! The cyle tour is pretty organised in this regard. Experience shows the best way to handle this is make the route shorter!

You okes worry way to much !

*run, dive, tuck, roll onto the bike and out the door*

Ooh eh eh. Now you are looking for k@k
Meezo

Jan 28, 2016, 12:46 PM

JONKERSHOEK!

then it maybe worth while doing

#ENDURO

raptor-22

Jan 28, 2016, 1:04 PM

bird on a wire was saying shorter and flatter

'Dale