Events

Stoltz ready for round two at Pennypinchers Origin of Trails

· By Press Office · 1 comment

XTERRA legend, Conrad Stoltz obliterated the field at the inaugural Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails 2-Day Mountain Bike (MTB) Stage Race in Stellenbosch in 2013. Stoltz, who claimed victory in an impressive combined time of 06 hours 27 minutes 36 seconds, will be hoping for a successful title defense when he toes the line at the 2014 event that will start in Church Street (Stellenbosch) on Friday, 28 November 2014.

ccs-62657-0-12297300-1416305042.jpg

Conrad Stoltz in action during the 2013 Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails 2-Day Mountain Bike (MTB) Stage Race in Stellenbosch. // Credit: Jetline Action Photo

“The 2013 Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails was a trail rider’s delight, or as I like to call it, real mountain biking,” says Stoltz. “Day 1 was quite tough physically and technically, so you needed to have your wits about you. Day 2 was easier and shorter. Although I’ve been riding in the area for nearly 20 years now, I can honestly say that the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails took us to views and fun trails I did not know existed. The Banhoek Conservancy was especially impressive”.

“Each stage showcases the best of what iconic Stellenbosch has to offer in terms of trails and scenery,” continues Stoltz. “This is all thanks to the local communities and especially the private land owners that give us permission to access their property over the two day period. I’m looking forward to fantastic mountain bike racing in my backyard. My goal is to go hard, have fun and enjoy the scenery and friendship”.

Other top riders to look out for will include: Darren Lill, Erik Kleinhans, James Reid, Waylon Woolcock, Ariane Kleinhans, Jennie Stenerhag and Robyn De Groot to name just a few.

Event Information:

The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is an individual two day mountain bike stage race that combines a vast network of world class trails with beauty and exclusivity. Riders are given the unique opportunity to experience a spectacular combination of single-tracks that have been previously unknown to the mountain biking community of Stellenbosch. The goal behind the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is to offer participants an unbelievable cycling experience, while raising funds to further trail building in Stellenbosch.

Stage One: Friday, 28 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km

Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Stage Two: Saturday, 29 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km

Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Twitter: @OriginOfTrails / @Stillwater_MTB

Facebook page: Stillwater MTB Events

For more information on the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails please contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com.

Related posts

Comments

lesego.2

Nov 18, 2014, 6:16 PM

Well done to our legend!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment