Events

Team Dimension Data and Cameron Meyer part ways with immediate effect

· By Press Office · 14 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka has released Cameron Meyer with immediate effect. The contract termination was requested by the Australian himself. Citing ongoing personal reasons he hadn’t been able to play an integral role over the last few weeks.

ccs-62657-0-57716800-1465975202.jpg

“Unfortunately I have made the tough decision to leave Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka, due to ongoing personal issues I have had of recent. I have been unable to train or race at the required level that is needed for the World Tour“, Meyer states.

The Australian had only joined our African Team at the beginning of this season.

“I can not thank Douglas Ryder enough for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing program. To be able to see at first hand the impact the team makes in Africa through the Qhubeka Foundation and for me to have involvement was truly inspiring.“

“I wish the entire team the best of luck and look forward to watching their many successes to come.“

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka wishes Meyer the best for his future.

Comments

TheJ

Jun 15, 2016, 7:45 AM

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/icons-land/medical/256/Equipment-Syringe-Full-icon.png

...?

rock

Jun 15, 2016, 7:48 AM

nothing to see here folks, move along.

Shebeen

Jun 15, 2016, 8:17 AM

maybe #razzmataz got irritated when he saw all the afrikaans surnames in the squad?

'Dale

Jun 15, 2016, 8:27 AM

Wonder what's next for the PRO?

Fisan

Jun 15, 2016, 10:02 AM

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/icons-land/medical/256/Equipment-Syringe-Full-icon.png

...?

How could you possibly make such an assumption!

rock

Jun 15, 2016, 10:31 AM

How could you possibly make such an assumption!

an assumption of the rider or of the team?

TheJ

Jun 15, 2016, 10:37 AM

an assumption of the rider or of the team?

Rider.

Grebel

Jun 15, 2016, 10:42 AM

Steady chaps... It's only Wednesday.... 

rock

Jun 15, 2016, 11:04 AM

you still get paid if you're "on the bench" so why note ride out the rest of season (pun intended)

tombeej

Jun 15, 2016, 11:17 AM

Maybe just had enough and walking away from the sport? Often happens (burn out).

Shebeen

Jun 15, 2016, 11:20 AM

Steady chaps... It's only Wednesday.... 

well technically it's like a friday

Grebel

Jun 15, 2016, 11:23 AM

well technically it's like a friday

If you aren't working on actual Friday...

rock

Jun 15, 2016, 11:29 AM

Maybe just had enough and walking away from the sport? Often happens (burn out).

couldn't take seeing Oom Valverde name in the top 10 and every single race January to December...

Shebeen

Feb 4, 2017, 1:27 AM

Looked ok at the cadel race... What gave?

Add a comment

You must log in to comment