Events

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka preview Ruta del Sol

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will be in action at the upcoming Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta del Sol which gets underway on Wednesday 17th of February. The Ruta del Sol is a 5 stage UCI 2.1 category event that will attract a quality field once again.

ccs-62657-0-37631100-1455564037.jpg

The Ruta del Sol is an early season stage race in Spain that our African Team has enjoyed participating in over the past few seasons. It is a great event where a number of riders are able to begin their new season, with stage options that accommodate all types of riders. Ultimately, the climbers are able to reap the most reward as the opening 3 stages are all undulating, stage 4 is a hilly 21km time trial and the final stage ends with a mountain top summit finish.

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will have a strong line up for the Ruta del Sol with a number of our riders able to achieve a top result. Kristian Sbaragli will get his season underway, while Cameron Meyer also returns to racing after a good spell during the Australian summer events. Omar Fraile, Igor Anton, Kanstantsin Siutsou, Mekseb Debesay & Jay Thomson have all done a fair bit of racing this season already and will hope to keep the forward momentum going in Andalucia.

Ruta is my first race of the year and the first race is always strange to try and predict. My training in the winter has been really good and the team has already looked very strong. I am sure we will be ready and are able to challenge for the victory against our competitors at Ruta del Sol.
Kristian Sbaragli – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment