Events

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka ready to start Brabantse Pijl – Fleche Brabanconne

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Tomorrow Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will start the Brabantse Pijl – Fleche Brabanconne. The Belgian UCI 1.HC classic marks the transition from the recent cobbled spring classic’s to the hilly classic’s of the Ardennes region.

ccs-62657-0-26229400-1460456222.jpg

At 205km in length, the Brabantse Pijl will take in no less than 26 climbs or Helling as they are traditionally called. After riders have completed 135km in the countryside, the final 70km take place over 3 laps of a 23km circuit in Overijse. This circuit contains 5 climbs per lap and so this is where the race defining moves should take place.

As the race suits the punchers to a tee, our African Team will send a squad well prepared for the short explosive climbs. Kristian Sbaragli, Nathan Haas and Natnael Berhane will all look to ride strongly toward the final while Jacques Janse van Rensburg and Youcef Reguigui both make their return to racing after injury. Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, who is coming off a long cobbled classic’s campaign, will also start alongside countrymen Jaco Venter and Songezo Jim.

Brabantse Pijl marks the start of the Ardennes Classics and it also draws a completely different field compared to the Spring Classic’s. These classics are characterised by a bunch of short steep climbs throughout the course and suits a strong puncheur. We have Kristian Sbaragli, Nathan Haas and Natnael Berhane who could all play key roles tomorrow. As for me, I have to see how the body has recovered after Paris-Roubaix and a hard classics campaign but I will take it as an experiment to see what is possible in the future.
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment