Events

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka welcomes Dan Lloyd

· By Press Office · 40 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka is happy to announce the signing of Dan Lloyd. He will come out of retirement and join the team for the rest of the season. Lloyd, who has been working in the cycling media as lead presenter for the YouTube channel Global Cycling Network (GCN) over the last three years, previously raced at the top level of the sport as a member of the Cervelo Test Team.

ccs-62657-0-06724400-1459489695.jpg

The initial contact with Lloyd was made at the Tour de France last year and we’re extremely happy that our partners Dimension Data, Deloitte, Cervélo, among others were keen on having him become a part of the team.

Lloyd will mentor our young talented riders on and off the bike. Given his current popularity and experience with the media at GCN, he will assist our riders with their media presence and media relations.

Our coaches have been working hard with Lloyd over the past few months. He has been improving a lot and will start racing for Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka at the Brabantse Pijl.

Find a video statement and first riding impressions of Lloyd in his new outfit here:

To find out more about Lloyd, click here: http://africasteam.com/2015/12/31/dan-lloyd/

We are really excited to welcome Dan Lloyd into Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka. He was a key domestique for riders like Carlos Sastre and we believe that he can add a lot of value to the team. Given his climbing abilities and Grand Tour experience he’ll be a great mentor for our African talents. Apart from that Dan can also help them to mature in their media engagement. He has gained a lot of experience and attention through his work with GCN, and these are skills that we’re looking forward to include into our existing structures.
Douglas Ryder – Team Principal
Dimension Data is delighted to welcome Dan Lloyd to the team. As an employer of choice in the Information Technology sector Dimension Data pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain the best talent available. Despite his few years of retirement we still view Dan as one of the best of his generation and are truly excited about his ability to prosper within the team in 2016.
Adam Foster – Dimension Data, Group Executive Sports
We are thrilled to welcome Dan Lloyd back. He was a key member of the Cervélo TestTeam, and we are proud that riding our bikes was one of the main reasons he joined Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka. His new role will continue that tradition of success – he still looks good with an ‘é’ on his kit – and we wish him the best of luck in his efforts.
Antoine Ballon – Cervélo, Director of Global Marketing
We are very sad to lose Dan, as he’s much loved by the team and our millions of viewers around the world on Facebook and YouTube. I always encourage the GCN team to follow their dreams, and I know Dan had to scratch this itch. I hope GCN fans will join me in hoping Dan’s dreams come true as a part of Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka.
Simon Wear – Founder, Global Cycling Network

Comments

Gandalf

Apr 1, 2016, 6:02 AM

Awesome! but who will fill his shoes at GCN??

Tim Brink

Apr 1, 2016, 6:08 AM

Awesome! but who will fill his shoes at GCN??

Lance.

Nibali

Apr 1, 2016, 6:10 AM

This is so cool! All the best Dan!

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Apr 1, 2016, 6:12 AM

I trust nothing today...

Rocket-Boy

Apr 1, 2016, 6:20 AM

It would be awesome if it were true, I like Dan.

The date and his current shape and condition tell me that it isnt true though.

Gen

Apr 1, 2016, 6:22 AM

I trust nothing today...

Ja sounds like an over the top April fools joke

I mean I know DD like signing over the hill . ..sorry I mean experienced riders [emoji6] but this lol

Has April fools all over it

Cav'

Apr 1, 2016, 6:25 AM

Ja sounds like an over the top April fools joke

I mean I know DD like signing over the hill . ..sorry I mean experienced riders [emoji6] but this lol

Has April fools all over it

When I saw it on facebook, first thing I also thought was April Fools joke for sure.

Gen

Apr 1, 2016, 6:28 AM

When I saw it on facebook, first thing I also thought was April Fools joke for sure.

Ja .. Well crafted April fools joke too by the looks of social media too.. [emoji122] [emoji122]

A lot of hook lines and sinkers [emoji23] [emoji23]

Gen

Apr 1, 2016, 6:29 AM

T-Bob

Apr 1, 2016, 6:34 AM

Funny. 

Pure Savage

Apr 1, 2016, 6:35 AM

The biggest April fools is that Tyler Farrar still in the team.

pe3nguin

Apr 1, 2016, 6:37 AM

Funny...and kinda sad :(

Gen

Apr 1, 2016, 6:42 AM

Lol

Actually on Sunday I saw Farrar work exceptionally hard for Eddie B.. BUT that's all I have in his defense [emoji6]

lechatnoir

Apr 1, 2016, 6:47 AM

I would like a statement from the rider himself on this one.

lol. almost made peepee in my undies when i read this

Pure Savage

Apr 1, 2016, 6:49 AM

Lol

Actually on Sunday I saw Farrar work exceptionally hard for Eddie B.. BUT that's all I have in his defense [emoji6]

I am sure the like of Stefan de bod could also work for Eddie B. Granted Tyler has a greater surface area.

'Dale

Apr 1, 2016, 6:49 AM

Hippie Heppie April Fool, All  :clap:

'Dale

Apr 1, 2016, 6:52 AM

***clears throat***

Wow, Dan The Lloyd will bring massive watts to the team

And good cheeky humour too.

What an ASSet.

Gen

Apr 1, 2016, 6:52 AM

Actually they should've gone with the headline.. "Dough spotted in deep conversation with Lombardi, followed by a handshake" .. and then realise that that's an awesome thought and actually do it ????

fanievb

Apr 1, 2016, 6:53 AM

I would like a statement from the rider himself on this one.

lol. almost made peepee in my undies when i read this

'Dale

Apr 1, 2016, 6:55 AM

Dunno how he kept a straight face :huh:

I think he's just interested in those Enve wheels :blush:

Mylolylo

Apr 1, 2016, 6:56 AM

What day is it today? 

Pure Savage

Apr 1, 2016, 6:58 AM

Dunno how he kept a straight face :huh:

I think he's just interested in those Enve wheels :blush:

DD ain't seeing that bike after that fan boy gets his hand on that Cervelo. Rumour has it he rode for the Cervelo test team.

EmptyB

Apr 1, 2016, 7:14 AM

Very clever.... :thumbup:

Best commentator by far!!!

Gerhardc

Apr 1, 2016, 7:27 AM

Hope that this is NOT a April Fool's joke!!! 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment