Events

Team Dimension Data Preview: Santos Tour Down Under

· By Press Office · 2 comments

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will get its World Tour campaign underway at the season opening Santos Tour Down Under, which takes place from the 17-24 January in Adelaide, Australia.

After Cameron Meyer, Nathan Haas and Mark Renshaw got us off to a great start at the Australian National Road Champs last week, our African Team are motivated to make an impression at our first UCI World Tour event of 2016.

ccs-62657-0-99308300-1452969342.jpg

Once again the Santos Tour Down Under will get underway with the curtain raising People’s Choice Classic Criterium on Sunday 17 January. The stage race then officially gets underway on Tuesday the 19th, and ends after 6 stages on Sunday 24th. Stage 5 is expected to be the race defining stage as it ends with two ascents up Willunga Hill. The remaining 5 stages have options for both the opportunists and sprinters.

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will field an exciting line-up for a debut 2016 World Tour race. All 3 of our Aussie riders will start with Cameron Meyer and Nathan Haas both prospects for a decent overall result while Mark Renshaw, particularly as he will team up with Tyler Farrar, give us options for the bunch kicks. Our 3 South African riders, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Jaco Venter and Songezo Jim will complete our 7 rider roster.

I’m hoping to have a good week overall and the GC will be my first priority. After last week at the nationals my form seems to be pretty good and I should be up there among the favourites but I don’t think I am one of the clear favourites like Simon Gerrans, Richie Porte and Rohan Dennis. I think I can use this and look for my opportunities throughout the week.
Cameron Meyer – Rider

Comments

Shebeen

Jan 17, 2016, 6:22 PM

With all due respect, farrar is starting to look like fabio https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7CKAVIwNueARW1A6Ul5vK8p1xSgdx4cdeq8aW2QyOn7CtfQSDdtBWNGY15w

intern

Jan 18, 2016, 3:28 AM

Not sure what sort of respect is due for that sort of look, TBH.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment