Events

Team Stoltz ready for Totalsports Challenge

· By Matt · 3 comments

Power couple Conrad and Liezel Stoltz will be in the hot seat on Saturday, 12 January 2013 when they attempt to defend their mixed team title at the Totalsports Terra Firma Challenge presented by Liberty Medical Scheme and REHIDRAT® SPORT. Starting in Gordon’s Bay and finishing in Kleinmond, this much loved multi-sport event is ideal for athletes of all sporting disciplines as participants can compete individually or as part of a team.

Conrad Stoltz MTB pic.jpg

According to Conrad it’s the camaraderie that makes team participation at the Totalsports Challenge so exciting. “That and competing with my “vroutjie” is also awesome. The Totalsports Challenge is a great event with beautiful scenery. We actually considered entering in the ‘individual’ category this year, but Liezel didn’t feel ready for it just yet. We love training together and it fits in perfectly with my training program as I do those disciplines anyway. Our team strength is a combination of speed, mental toughness and we’re both naturally competitive. If Liezel sees a spec on the horizon, the lioness in her comes out and she has to chase it! It’s very funny, but great for our team,” says four time XTERRA World Champion, Conrad Stoltz.

For former SA netball captain Liezel Stoltz, taking part in the individual category of the 7-disciplined Totalsports Challenge is definitely a future goal. “Maybe in 2014 I can do all four disciplines of the Terra Firma Challenge and hopefully someday I’ll be able to take on the 7-discplined event. This year however, Conrad will be doing the road bike and mountain bike disciplines, while I’ll be doing the road run and beach run. In the beginning I use to struggle with the distances and would say ‘this is hard’ to which Conrad would reply ‘if it was easy, it would be called netball’. That in itself is what motivates me,” laughs Liezel. “Our team strength is that we have fun together and love what we do. It’s our lifestyle. So far the Totalsports Challenge is the only event where we can compete as a team as it fits in with Conrad’s racing schedule”.

Adrenaline junkies can choose between the 7-discipline Totalsports Challenge or the less daunting 4-discipline Totalsports Terra Firma Challenge.

EVENT INFORMATION:

DATE: Saturday, 12 January 2013

VENUE: Start – Gordon’s Bay (Beach Front)

End Kleinmond (Beach Front)

EVENT: Totalsports Challenge – 12km surfski, 1.5km swim, 50km road bike (from Gordon’s Bay to Kleinmond), 13km road run, 13km K1 canoe, 25km mountain bike and finally a 9km beach run

FORMAT: Enter individually or in two, three or seven member teams

EVENT: Totalsports Terra Firma Challenge 50km road bike (from Gordon’s Bay to Kleinmond), 13km road run, 25km mountain bike and 9km beach run.

FORMAT: Enter individually or in two or four member teams

NEW ~ What better way to prepare for the action of the Totalsports Challenge than by taking part in a 5km Fun Run the day before!

DATE: Friday, 11 January 2013

VENUE: Kleinmond Lagoon

TIME: 18:00

ENTRY FEE: R35

Enter online at www.totalsports.co.za

Follow us on Twitter: @tschallenge

Like our FaceBook page: Totalsports

For more information on the Totalsports Challenge presented by Liberty Medical Scheme and REHIDRAT® SPORT visit www.totalsports.co.za or contact (021) 511 – 7130.

Comments

mon-goose

Dec 10, 2012, 1:24 PM

R35 entry fee....... bargain of the year.......

aaaaahhhhh. i see know that the R35 is probably just for the 5km run the day before.... thought it was too good to be true

webs

Dec 10, 2012, 4:17 PM

Already entered.

Can you pick up your racepack on the day of the race?

According to their website, you have to register in Cape Town.

We'll be on holiday in Hermanus.

Can't see why I have to drive all the way to Cape Town in the week to get my number.

Guest Guest

Dec 13, 2012, 3:56 PM

Good training event for the Total Sport Challenge (MTB/Canoeing - 6 legs) from George - Knysna (+- 100 km) is the X Lakes on 17 December 2012

Add a comment

You must log in to comment