Events

The 40th Cape Town Cycle Tour to be live streamed

· By Press Office · 10 comments

In an exciting development, it was announced today that full coverage of the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour will be streamed live.

The race can be watched on www.capetowncycletour.tv from 6am to 1pm on Sunday, 12 March 2017. The streaming platform will also be accessible via a hotlink on the home page of the Cape Town Cycle Tour website: www.capetowncycletour.com

Coverage will initially focus on the elite races for both men and women, but will pan out to include the rest of the 30 000+ cyclists making their way around the iconic 109-km route.

The live stream will be anchored by legendary cycling commentator Phil Liggett and ex-professional cyclist and Pedal Talk presenter Johnny Koen. Cameras will be stationed at the start and finish, four motorcycle camera units will stream pictures from along the route and aerial drone cameras will record iconic scenery of the event.

Full live stream recordings of the event will be available for post-event viewing from 1 pm onwards on www.capetowncycletour.tv.

Highlights of the race will also be broadcast on Supersport at 9 pm on Sunday 12 March.

Related posts

Comments

Bonus

Mar 8, 2017, 8:54 PM

I need to find myself somewhere with unlimited Internet quick!

And get up very early!

:-)

VolkAdik

Mar 8, 2017, 9:34 PM

Great news

scotty

Mar 9, 2017, 4:46 AM

Was a time when it used to be televised.

Glad to see Johhny Koen involved, that man knows his stuff. 

lechatnoir

Mar 9, 2017, 5:29 AM

After ditching Monochoice, this makes me glad...

carbon29er

Mar 9, 2017, 5:53 AM

Cool, I can sit on the back of the tandem and watch the front bunch.

Then again why increase my pain by being forced to listen to a geriatric old man waffling on about stuff he forgot a decade or so ago.  Why not use a new voice?

Good luck to the aerial drones if the wind is like it is right now. They'll think they are filming Main Rd Muizenberg but it will actually be Kommetjie Rd over the hill.

coppi

Mar 9, 2017, 6:12 AM

I need to find myself somewhere with unlimited Internet quick!

And get up very early!

:-)

Whaaaat? No free wifi in Ainsa?  :eek:

You can't have it all hey...........heh heh heh

Bonus

Mar 9, 2017, 6:26 AM

Whaaaat? No free wifi in Ainsa?  :eek:

You can't have it all hey...........heh heh heh

We have high speed wifi but it's capped at 50Gb a month and it's not enough.

RocknRolla

Mar 9, 2017, 10:34 AM

Hope they do a better job than whoever attempted this at the 94.7 event

Bateleur1

Mar 9, 2017, 10:41 AM

We have high speed wifi but it's capped at 50Gb a month and it's not enough.

We have uncapped.  More than welcome to pop over here.  You might have to bunk with the dogs though ... we are a bit full at the moment.  :whistling:

Flemish Lion

Mar 9, 2017, 10:47 AM

Great for men's cycling... since the women will be mixed up with the men it's pretty worthless for their publicity... May the strongest wheel suckster win ;)

Add a comment

You must log in to comment