Events

The Hub at Africa Cycle Fair this weekend

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 58 comments

This weekend 25-27 October sees the inaugural Africa Cycle Fair, run by Artlogic, happening at Blue Hills Equestrian Estate, 5km north of Kyalami. Be sure to join us and enjoy the first cycle fair to hit our fine shores in a long time.

ccs-41808-0-30009700-1382451850.jpg

Not your typical bike show, with a bunch of stands strewn about and no where to actually ride, the Africa Cycle Fair, will feature three test tracks of differing disciplines for people to try out their own and demo bikes.

The road track will be a 4km closed loop on smooth tar with some sharp corners and paved strips. The mountain bike track will be 5km featuring rough terrain, a rock garden, bermed and off camber corners and up and downhill single track. I wouldn’t get too excited to test out the track, it being at a cycle fair, but it should be good fun messing about on some of the demo bikes.

The last track will be for cyclocross. It will incorporate parts of the MTB track as well as barriers on the field to keep it close to all the action. The cyclocross track will also be used for an event hosted by Hunter Cycling, with both CX and MTBs being allowed to race.

Alongside active fun will be a large 3 000m² marquee that exhibitors will be able to show off their goods. You can expect to see PYGA Industries, Ride Magazine, Qhubeka, Tread, Cape Cycles, Cube Bikes SA, GoPro, and Merida and Titan to name a few.

The Hub will be there mixing it up with all the exhibitors and showgoers in the main hall. Do stop by and have a chat with us, we would love to meet as many of you mad hubbers as we can. If you can’t make it, then watch out for our coverage of the fair right here on The Hub.

Food and drink will be there a plenty, with a 1 000m² tent dedicated to the great food and drink. And don’t worry, there will be beer, even of the craft variety.

All in all, it’s set to be a great weekend of two-wheeled fun. Entry is R60 per person, and can be purchased either via Webtickets or at the gate. Kids under 12 get in for free, so bring the whole family.

Comments

CAAD4

Oct 22, 2013, 2:26 PM

Hi Claudio. Does no one remember the first Cycle fair at the dome in the 90's?

Claudio

Oct 22, 2013, 2:30 PM

It's coined as Africa's first cycle fair, but I've updated the copy to state that it's the first in a while.

Unknown MTBR

Oct 22, 2013, 3:15 PM

ill be there with my buddies!

(Deon)

Oct 22, 2013, 3:19 PM

ill be there with my buddies!

are you exhibiting?

Izak

Oct 22, 2013, 3:23 PM

I heard something that it was moved to the dome, can't see anything on their webpage?

Claudio

Oct 22, 2013, 3:42 PM

I haven't heard anything, but I doubt that they would leave it so late without saying anything or changing the logo with the location

awesme

Oct 22, 2013, 4:24 PM

What I heard about moving to the Dome is the 94.7 exhibition, number collection, this will be at the Dome this year.

G

I heard something that it was moved to the dome, can't see anything on their webpage?

awesme

Oct 22, 2013, 4:24 PM

ok, question, looking at the topic title and the discussion, how does the discussion relate to the topic?

G

Jaco Steyn

Oct 22, 2013, 5:02 PM

Perhaps some people are confusing this exhibition with the 94.7 Expo, which indeed has moved to the Dome?

CAAD4

Oct 22, 2013, 5:23 PM

And I was talking about the 90's...

scotty

Oct 22, 2013, 5:51 PM

As discussed on SC tonight, venue will be Blue Hills, Will pop in for look see.

Beer4Recovery

Oct 24, 2013, 11:43 AM

Will there be bikes with wheel sizes smaller than 29" and travel more than 140mm??

Claudio

Oct 24, 2013, 1:10 PM

We will be featuring a fancy couch at our stand! So come by and take the Ultimate couch pic!

Matt

Oct 24, 2013, 1:16 PM

We will be featuring a fancy couch at our stand! So come by and take the Ultimate couch pic!

You can also check out our new Hub Kit in the flesh... and we may have a Hub tee or two to give away.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!

Gandalf

Oct 24, 2013, 1:51 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but it doesn't look like specialized will be there? - I was hoping for some lekker specials

schizo

Oct 24, 2013, 2:09 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but it doesn't look like specialized will be there? - I was hoping for some lekker specials

Was also hoping for a few more bike brands, from what I see there will be Merida, Titan, Cube and Pyga

Gandalf

Oct 24, 2013, 2:23 PM

Was also hoping for a few more bike brands, from what I see there will be Merida, Titan, Cube and Pyga

Jip only those brands that will be representing themselves. There are the shops that sell branks asg - pinarello, larc - fuji's (I look forward to this :thumbup: I will be the one slowly walking away with a Fuji when no one is looking :ph34r:) and solomons, etc that will have some stuff

flat29

Oct 24, 2013, 2:31 PM

two wheels will be there with (hoping) momsen vipa

Matt

Oct 25, 2013, 7:16 AM

two wheels will be there with (hoping) momsen vipa

I happened to see a Vipa slithering in this morning.

And caught a glimpse of a Dogma XC and XM.

Lots of eye candy already, a few brands missing, but lots to look at and some impressive looking boutique brands.

I'll pop some sneak peak pics up once stands are closer to complete.

Tumbleweed

Oct 25, 2013, 8:37 AM

Should be there on Sunday.

Claudio

Oct 25, 2013, 9:34 AM

post-41808-1382693606,2319.jpg

See? The Vipa. More pics of the good stuff to come...

ThePubSA

Oct 25, 2013, 9:37 AM

post-41808-1382693606,2319.jpg

See? The Vipa. More pics of the good stuff to come...

Could see that @ solomons woodmead for over a month already... just saying

Hope there's some unseen 2014 stuff being displayed .. and more on the AM side :thumbup:

Claudio

Oct 25, 2013, 9:39 AM

post-41808-1382693938,91.jpg

Some classic-meets-modern grips from Brooks

flat29

Oct 25, 2013, 9:42 AM

Could see that @ solomons woodmead for over a month already... just saying

Hope there's some unseen 2014 stuff being displayed .. and more on the AM side :thumbup:

I am sure you can take one for a ride at the fair

Add a comment

You must log in to comment