Events

The worlds’ biggest mountain biking stage race turns 10, in style

· By Matt · 8 comments

Electric Ink Media have recently partnered with Nedbank sani2c to deliver South Africans a

contemporary mountain bike magazine.

MTB Mag - Retail Cover 2013.jpg

The sustained growth of mountain biking in SA has seen the market mature past the point of beginner-oriented advice on bike skills, gear tests and weight loss.

Unlike the UK, Oz and US, which boast magazines such as ‘Bike’ and ‘Revolution’, there is a lack of mountain bike magazines in SA that focus on cool places to ride and interesting people.

There was a gaping hole for a picture and personality-driven product that entertains and inspires committed mountain bikers, while celebrating the incredibly charitable farmer spirit and ultimate groomed trails of SA’s leading mountain bike stage race which celebrates 10 years in 2014.

What was lacking was something the hard-core mountain bikers could really sink their cleats into and THAT is what this magazine provides in heaps.

This magazine will appeal to more established riders who take part in multi-stage races – the majority of this market! The sport of mountain biking is cooking, and has become recognised as ‘the new golf’ for corporate execs and entrepreneurs leading healthier but more time-starved lifestyles than in the past.

As such this beefy coffee-table publication will deliver 166 pages of fresh, unique and rich content which suits a glossy, large-format keepsake better than a website or higher frequency disposable print production.

Don’t miss Golden boy, Greg Minnaar’s tale of guts, glory and big-match temperament at its finest, the lowdown on all our Saffa age group world champs medallists, shop ’til you flop from our pre Christmas Gear selections and check out a wicked winter mountain bike getaway in the Northern Hemisphere. There is something for everyone who likes riding bikes off road.

2014 Nedbank sani2c riders will each receive their copy in the post. Those not taking part in the event can get a piece of the action for R49.90 at their local bike stores nationwide.

Here is a taster of what is on offer in the mag:
(Click to expand)

http://media.thehubsa.co.za/forum/ccs_files/articles/Greg_Minnaar_Story_Sneak_Peak_1.jpg

Related posts

Comments

Tumbleweed

Nov 13, 2013, 8:52 AM

Looks interesting.

Keithc

Nov 13, 2013, 9:23 AM

Look forward to receiving my copy!!

Cycho

Nov 13, 2013, 9:24 AM

Ah - so this is why they were begging me for pictures!!! ;)

Tumbleweed

Nov 13, 2013, 9:26 AM

Ah - so this is why they were begging me for pictures!!! ;)

Did you give them any? :whistling:

Cycho

Nov 13, 2013, 9:27 AM

Did you give them any? :whistling:

It was all the press images from masters worlds... the only way they could run a 22 page feature it seems!

Tumbleweed

Nov 13, 2013, 9:28 AM

It was all the press images from masters worlds... the only way they could run a 22 page feature it seems!

Be good to see (more of) your work. :thumbup:

Louis for real

Nov 14, 2013, 6:25 PM

"This magazine will appeal to more established riders who take part in multi-stage races – the majority of this market!"

So if i dont ride "multi-stage races" its not for me?isnt that like all the other publications in SA anyway?

MEH...

RobsR

Nov 19, 2013, 8:46 AM

If you don't ride multi-stage races but love the sport of mountain biking this mag is for you. The point being made is that this isn't a beginners "how to ride a bike" type of magazine but rather a mag aimed at established riders who are tired of reading about basic tips and advice. That's not to say beginners wouldn't love this mag as well :)

Add a comment

You must log in to comment