Events

Tirreno-Adriatico #7: Edvald Boasson Hagen caps off a good week of racing for Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Tirreno-Adriatico wrapped up with a 10km flat time trial today in San Benedetto del Tronto. Swiss Fabian Cancellara (Trek-Segafredo) came out on top, sailing to the win by a margin of more than 10 seconds to 2nd place finisher Johan Le Bon (FDJ). Norwegian time trial champion Edvald Boasson Hagen held the flag high for Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka by finishing 8th on the day.

ccs-62657-0-35890900-1458193627.jpg

Boasson Hagen got off to a good start and would come close to eventual race winner Cancellara at the intermediate check, clocking the 2nd fastest time of the day at this point. Even though he wasn’t able to keep his pace towards the end, the effort meant another fine top10 finish for our African team.

Steve Cummings also proved to be in form after his stage win earlier this week. He would come home only a few seconds off of Boasson Hagen in 13th place, with Kanstantsin Siutsou rounding out yet another solid team performance.

Overnight GC leader Greg van Avermaet (BMC) held on to the blue leaders jersey, denying reigning World Champion Peter Sagan (Tinkoff) the overall win by only one second. Boasson Hagen ended 17th in the GC as the team’s highest placed finisher.

It has been a good week for us. Tirreno-Adriatico is one of the first World Tour races in Europe and to come away with a stage victory as one of only a few teams is really good. Sure, we did have our ups and downs, but luckily our ups were really high. The team worked well together and it has been a great preparation for the upcoming Milan-San Remo.
Roger Hammond – Sports Director
I was feeling good today, even though I didn’t go fast enough to get onto the podium. Overall it has been a good week for me. I’m up there with the others which is good to know, thinking of the races to come.
Edvald Boasson Hagen – Rider
I started a bit to slowly today. Putting that into perspective I did a solid ride. The week has been good for me. It was difficult for to come here as I didn’t know where a was in terms of form. But I quickly found my rhythm and the win on stage 4 was a really nice result. I think it was a good start of the season for me.
Steve Cummings – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment