Events

Top female mountain bikers excited to take on Pennypinchers Origin of Trails

· By Press Office · 2 comments

The 2014 Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails, Stellenbosch’s only 2-Day Mountain Bike Stage Race, has attracted the interest of a number of top female riders including the likes of Ariane Kleinhans, Jennie Stenerhag and Robyn de Groot. Celebrating its second anniversary, the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails will take place on Friday, 28 November and Saturday, 29 November 2014.

ccs-62657-0-24592800-1412599249.jpg

Ariane Kleinhans at 2013 ISUZU Ride The Rock MTB Race.

“I am looking forward to seeing all my South African mountain biking friends, while having a great time riding the nicest trails around Stellenbosch,” says Kleinhans. “The event is about raising funds to build and maintain trails in and around Stellenbosch. The great trails are a huge attraction for the best mountain bikers in the world. It’s really great for the sport that Stillwater Sports hosts this event in this very special town to further develop the trail network”.

ccs-62657-0-11512200-1412599255.jpg

Jennie Stenerhag at 2013 FNB W2W MTB Race.

According to Stenerhag, hosting a 2-Day MTB stage race in Stellenbosch is a great idea. “We have so many nice trails. It is awesome that mountain bikers from outside of Stellenbosch can come and ride them. It is also nice for all the mountain bikers in Stellenbosch to have a stage race at home. I support the event because of its Stellenbosch trail developing initiative. It is the last race of the year so I will probably be riding more than racing”.

ccs-62657-0-58359800-1412599261.jpg

Robyn De Groot. // Photo by Darren Goddard.

“A 2-Day MTB stage race in Stellenbosch can only be absolute bliss,” says De Groot. “I am looking for a new adventure and I’ve heard that the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails features awesome single-track and trails. This will be the first time that I ride in Stellenbosch. I’ve only heard good things so to experience it firsthand will be great”.

Event Information:

The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is an individual two day mountain bike stage race that combines a vast network of world class trails with beauty and exclusivity. Riders are given the unique opportunity to experience a spectacular combination of single-tracks that have been previously unknown to the mountain biking community of Stellenbosch. The goal behind the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is to offer participants an unbelievable cycling experience, while raising funds to further trail building in Stellenbosch.

Be part of the action at this end of year mountain bike season celebration. Choose between three entry options: Long (70km and 70km), Medium (70km and 40km) or Short (40km and 40km).

Stage One: Friday, 28 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km

Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Stage Two: Saturday, 29 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km

Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Entry Fees:

Option 1: Long / 70km and 70km / R900.00 per rider

Option 2: Medium / 70km and 40km / R800.00 per rider

Option 3: Short / 40km and 40km / R700.00 per rider

Twitter: @OriginOfTrails / @Stillwater_MTB

Facebook page: Stillwater MTB Events

For more information on the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails please contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com.

Related posts

Comments

Bosbrommer

Oct 6, 2014, 6:43 PM

Already entered! Will be my first stage race so looking forward to it.

lesego.2

Nov 5, 2014, 2:04 PM

My money is on kleinhans

Add a comment

You must log in to comment