Events

Tour de Luxembourg #1: Jaco Venter our highest placed against the clock

· By Press Office · 0 comments

The opening prologue of the Tour de Luxembourg saw riders take on a technical 2.6km city course. The victory would go to Adrien Petit (Cofidis) after just 3’58” minutes of effort. Bryan Coquard (Europcar) was 2nd and Arnaud Geraud (Bretagne-Seche) rounded out the podium.

There was a brief moment of excitement in the MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung camp as Matt Brammeier was initially said to have crossed the line with a blistering fast 3’52”. This was clearly incorrect as Matt actually had to walk the final kilometer after succumbing to a mechanical incident.

ccs-62657-0-74253800-1433408191.jpg

The fastest MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung rider would in fact be our South African, Jaco Venter. Jaco came home 10″ seconds off the winning time which would be good enough for 16th on the day. Andy Stauff would follow just a few split seconds later to claim 17th on the stage.

With the prologue only being 2.6km long though, all the times were within seconds of each other ensuring all is still to play for over the coming 4 road stages. MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung will keep to its intial plan of targeting a good GC result with Kristian Sbaragli and Youcef Reguigui.

I am happy with the feeling I had on the bike today. I took it easy between Tour de Fjords and today to recover and so I was feeling fresh. I have done this prologue many times before and today was my best ride so that’s good. I hope things go well for the team in the coming days now.
Jaco Venter – Rider

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment