Events

Two victories in two days for Moolman-Pasio

Supplied by Bigla Pro Cycling Team.

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio took back to back victories in the Plumelec weekend of racing. Earlier today, Moolman-Pasio won Grand Prix de Plumelec-Morbihan Dames. The victory comes after her win in La Classique for Morbihan yesterday.

ccs-62657-0-39575500-1527342035.jpgPhoto Credit: Maelys Relet Photographies Cyclisme.

The South African was part of a 5-rider group rushing to the line to contest the victory. As the peloton came closing in only metres behind, Moolman-Pasio kicked to win the race by a comfortable margin.

The Cervélo Bigla Pro Cycling Team won the team classification for both days of racing.

“We had a very hard day yesterday and we wanted to make sure Ashleigh was not isolated today,” team manager, Thomas Campana said. “Mentally, the team decided to go very deep today again. They are very tired right now but they were great. They stayed around Ashleigh until the last lap. She’s in the form of her life right now and she could go hard on the climb that suited her very well. It was again a great team effort and they protected her well. We knew Ashleigh’s quality and she could finish the job off.”

Moolman-Pasio praised the team performance saying a victory like this would not be possible without the support she received. “I’m actually without words. The girls were so united and always together. That makes a big difference to me to feel everyone is behind the team plan and going for the win. Cille [uttrup Ludwig] was incredible, always pulling on the front together with Lotta [Lepistö]. Clara [Koppenburg] has taken such a big step up in these races and it’s been great to see. Nicole [Hanselmann] was great too. After the girls got dropped, they’d fight to come back then go straight to the front. Ann-Sophie [Duyck] cramped on the finish line, that’s how deep everyone went. I’m so grateful for the team support.”

Moolman-Pasio gave some insight into the talks the team had leading up to the race.

“We always thank our team after we win but if there was TV footage, people would actually see how great we raced together. We had a talk before the race and Thomas said if we want equality with the men and be treated like them, we have to ride like them and this was a demonstration of amazing racing. We were always together as a team, communicating and keeping our lead-out line. The team was incredible and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.”

ccs-62657-0-33892100-1527342082.jpg

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment