Events

U23 star Rourke Croeser signs with Momsen Bikes ahead of MTB World Champs

· By Matt · 6 comments

With the UCI Mountainbike and World Championships in Pietermaritzburg just weeks away, South African Under 23 star Rourke Croeser has signed with the local bicycle brand Momsen Bikes, and will be riding their flagship full carbon hardtail 29er against the world’s best Under 23 racers.

2013RourkePosed.jpg

Kargo Pro MTB Under 23 star Rourke Croeser with his locally manufactured full carbon Momsen hardtail 29er that he will be riding at the UCI Mountain Bike and Trials World Championships later this month.

Photo: Kyle Gilham/Gameplan Media

“We are super excited to have a Pro athlete of Rourke’s calibre racing on our homegrown brand, making it a stand out South African challenge for a place on the Under 23 podium,” said Momsen Bikes Owner/Founder Victor Momsen.

Croeser, who rides in the colours of the Kargo Pro MTB team, will be riding a SL929 RACING TYPE specced with SRAM XX1 model at the world champs.

He rode the bike competitively for the first time at the Illovo Eston MTB Challenge, and came away beaming after an impressive victory over James Reid and Brendon Davids.

MomsenLogos.jpg

“It’s great to be on a South African brand. I’m tired of people always thinking they have to follow the Western world’s ways, it’s time we started supporting our own local brands and that it became ‘cool’ to ride South African gear,” said Croeser.

“It will come across as a bit of a cliché to some but I really mean it when I say the bike really is a good one and can be compared to all the other top brands in the industry and hence deserves all the support it can get from our local guys.

“Victor (Momsen) has put together one of most competitive race machines around and I’m really excited to see what can come of this relationship.

2013RourkeAction.jpg

Rourke Croeser (Kargo Pro MTB) getting to grips with his new Miomsen carbon hardtail mountainbike on the cascades MTB track that will host the UCI Mountain Bike and Trials World Championships later this month.

Photo: Kyle Gilham/Gameplan Media

“I took the bike out of its packaging and assembled it the night before the Illovo Eston Marathon so I guess I was a little nervous, not about the bike itself, but whether everything was setup as it should be.

“I knew the importance of the race though and when I got there on Sunday morning I just had a really good feeling and was excited to be on the new bike.

“The bike is a kilogram and a half lighter than what I was riding previously, which in cycling terms is huge!

“It also has a wider bottom bracket, which gives it really good core stability and good forward movement. I guess it’s just a really good all-round bike suitable for a lot of different kinds of mountain biking situations,” added Croeser.

Comments

Skott5

Aug 8, 2013, 6:08 PM

Nice - go Rourke !!!

palazotti

Aug 9, 2013, 5:31 AM

I couldnt agree more. It is time we support good quality local manufacturers. Not all are, but Momsen for sure is one.

Realy holding thumbs for our young guys, and I know its only a matter of time......

Warren911

Aug 9, 2013, 5:45 AM

Nice, go Momsen!!

Good luck Rourke!

Rosco

Aug 10, 2013, 9:03 AM

nice article. well done the Hub

Scotty P

Aug 10, 2013, 1:05 PM

Two really good okes combining..................Rourke & Victor......awesome #ProudlySouthAfrican!!!

Weight Weenie

Aug 10, 2013, 5:44 PM

Lekker! Don't think the frames are actually made here though?

Add a comment

You must log in to comment