Events

UCI World Cup Programme for PMB 2014

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 21 comments

Big changes for 2014 are that the UCI has taken media advice and moved the Downhill from Sunday to Saturday with the XCO now on Sunday as the final event.

ccs-41808-0-78742700-1390301104.jpeg

Also the XCE has been dropped from the South African round due to a change in event timing as the UCI looks to standardize viewing times for the media guys. XCE will now take place in the evenings (around 7pm) on Fridays at European events under floodlights if necessary …

Also note that the dates for the Pietermaritzburg event are from the 9th to the 13th April 2014 and NOT the 5th and 6th as originally posted in the UCI’s preliminary calendar that went out on the international websites last year.

You can see the schedule below or download the pdf below that.

ccs-41808-0-44174300-1390300049.png

2014 UCI MTB World Cup Programme – PMB – 20140120.pdf

Comments

JPD

Jan 21, 2014, 11:14 AM

Bleak, no XCE!!

nigelhicks

Jan 21, 2014, 11:25 AM

Yeah its a bummer - but dont worry We have some cool stuff planned for the XCO course ... :whistling: :whistling:

The DH is also going to get a shake up - those guys planning to come on their Enduro bikes are going to be in for a surprise at the top! :devil: :devil:

Grebel

Jan 21, 2014, 11:34 AM

Are you going to leave the changes up top until after the race in March?

Stretch

Jan 21, 2014, 11:38 AM

Yeah its a bummer - but dont worry We have some cool stuff planned for the XCO course ... :whistling: :whistling:

The DH is also going to get a shake up - those guys planning to come on their Enduro bikes are going to be in for a surprise at the top! :devil: :devil:

Nige...I have said it before...but if you need hands on a shovel for XCO or DH....my hands need some callouses

nigelhicks

Jan 21, 2014, 11:42 AM

Thanks Stretch

Will PM you if we need help - but i think Nick has it under control ...

AFAIK he is changing the whole XC track ... dont know how or what ... but he said he was bored of the old one so the riders will get something fresh ...

Wish I could do the same with the DH - but oh well.

@Grebel - The new sections on the DH will not be used for the events in March - they are to be built next to the existing track to open up more lines with more options for our future local races. I dont want to make the top too hectic that we cant use it - so we will be building new stuff specifically for World Cup

droo

Jan 21, 2014, 12:17 PM

Get Mitch to test it for you... :ph34r:

nigelhicks

Jan 21, 2014, 12:23 PM

Get Mitch to test it for you... :ph34r:

What so he can crash in the first corner again? hahaha
droo

Jan 21, 2014, 12:46 PM

What so he can crash in the first corner again? hahaha

Crash? That was more like digging a hole with his head...

VeloErv

Jan 22, 2014, 5:42 AM

What's up with the date change? We've booked accomodation in December when the dates were first released and now to find that it's on a different weekend is rubbish

nigelhicks

Jan 22, 2014, 5:55 AM

Velo - the date was changed by the UCI - not the organisers ... I dont know why ... the dates were initially released in July last year - with the change was made late last year in November, but the old dates were already out on the web and this is causing confusion.

Sorry but that is just the way it is ... I have brought this up time and again at our meetings over the last couple of weeks as you are not the first person to have booked flights and accomodation etc based upon the UCI's initial preliminary schedule ...

I asked for a new mail shot to go out to all the MTB sites etc, but as yet this has not happened.

Hope you can make a plan and change your bookings. ...

nigelhicks

Jan 22, 2014, 6:00 AM

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?id=OTM3Nw&MenuId=MTI2Mjc

here it shows 10-13 April - and this was published on the 21/June/2013 -

BUT - this has been edited as Pinkbike who copied the press release still have the old date

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/UCI-2014-World-Cup-Calendar.html

Sorry for the confusion ... hope you can come right

VeloErv

Jan 22, 2014, 6:05 AM

Ok I'm very lucky to get our accommodation changed but jis some guys must be bleak if they've booked flights etc.

nigelhicks

Jan 22, 2014, 6:20 AM

Proper dude - think of the overseas okes if someone is coming out to watch!

Okes will be bummed

Tumbleweed

Jan 22, 2014, 6:23 AM

*changes leave*

Luckily I'd arranged to stay with a mate.

Nige, meet you in the beer tent again?

MTB-m00se

Jan 22, 2014, 6:28 AM

Also booked accommodation for the weekend of the 5th and 6th in PMB. Will be gutted if i miss it because of this....

hayleyearth

Jan 22, 2014, 6:28 AM

It seems like I will be booking myself a long weekend in PMB for my 30th Bday :w00t:

Ramrod

Jan 22, 2014, 6:31 AM

It seems like I will be booking myself a long weekend in PMB for my 30th Bday :w00t:

crisis you getting old. That makes you a sub vet this year!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
BMCfan

Jan 22, 2014, 6:33 AM

*changes leave*

Luckily I'd arranged to stay with a mate.

Nige, meet you in the beer tent again?

Thanks for the invite PinkBoaMan...

Tumbleweed

Jan 22, 2014, 6:45 AM

Thanks for the invite PinkBoaMan...

Mate, I thought we'd already agreed we were both going?

Tumbleweed

Jan 22, 2014, 6:45 AM

Meet for pizza?

Mackie

Jan 22, 2014, 7:13 AM

Its my birthday weekend!!

Missed worlds which sucked, specially since I had 4 VIP all access passes for the entire event!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment