Events

Uys, Coetzer conquer the Pronutro Magalies Monster

· By Matt · 0 comments

Buffelspoort was a hub of excitement on Saturday, 25 May 2013 when just over 1500 mountain biking enthusiasts swarmed to the ATKV to test their skill at the challenging ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU. Defending Champion, Henry Uys (riding for bryton/USN ) proved to be the strongest competitor in the men’s race, while Michel Coetzer was the lady to beat on the day.

Henry-Uys-at-ProNutro-Magalies-Monster-MTB-Classic.jpg

Henry Uys, riding for bryton/USN, successfully defended his title at the 2013 ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU on Saturday, 25 May 2013 completing the 75km Monster in a well deserved time of 03hours35minutes23seconds. Photo Credit ~ Cherie Vale / NEWSPORT MEDIA

According to Uys, the Magalies Monster wasn’t easy. “I was feeling a little nervous this morning. The tempo in the beginning was high, but I expected there to be some stiff competition today. Before the first little climb there were at least eight riders fighting it out in front. I held back and waited for the main climb. Digging deep I sprinted for King of the Mountain. I’m definitely fitter than last year, so I’m not feeling as broken. The Magalies Monster takes a lot out of you. The key is not to let up and just stay on the hammer. It’s the challenge that keeps me coming back each year. I’ll definitely recommend this race to riders as it pushes you beyond your limits. It’s an awesome event to be a part of,” says Uys who completed the 75km route in an impressive time of 03hours35minutes23seconds. Nico Sterk came in second, while Andrew Grobler finished third.

Michel-Coetzer-and-Richard-Porter-during-the-ProNutro-Magalies-Monster-MTB-Classic.jpg

Michel Coetzer was victorious in the women’s race on Saturday, 25 May 2013 completing the 75km Monster in a deserving time of 04hours34minutes56seconds. Seen here (front to back): Michel Coetzer and Richard Porter during the 75km ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU. Photo Credit ~ Cherie Vale / NEWSPORT MEDIA

For Coetzer, the ProNutro Magalies Monster was absolutely awesome. “The distance, the scenery and the down hills are what make this event so awesome. It’s tough, but a really good race. It’s always good to win. I placed 4th at last year’s race. I’ll definitely be back next year,” says Coetzer who completed the 75km route in a deserving time of 04hours34minutes56seconds. Laura Herd came in second, while Natalie Robbs finished third.

Sean Williams took gold in the men’s 40km race, while Derrick McEwan came in second and Louis Blom finished third. Sandra Prinsloo was the first women home in the 40km race, while Heidi Koen came in second and Kim Murray finished third.

Willem Bezuidenhout claimed victory in the men’s 20km race, while Willie Du Plooy came in second and Nicholas Van Wyk finished third. Chrizanne Latter took the top spot on the podium in the women’s 20km race, while Elaine Ruthven came in second and Alma Vogel finished third.

EVENT INFO

DATE:

Saturday, 25 May 2013

VENUE:

ATKV Buffelspoort (North West Province)

DISTANCE, COST & START:

75km / 08h00

40km / 08h30

20km / 09h00

All 2013 ProNutro Magalies Monster riders could stock up on energy before the race at the much loved Bokomo Breakfast Zone, while after the race riders could regain their strength in the ever popular REHIDRAT® SPORT Recovery Zone.

Follow us on Twitter: @magmonstermtb

Like our Facebook Page: Stillwater Sport & Entertainment

For more information on the action packed ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.magaliesmonster.co.za.

RESULTS ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU.pdf

Related posts

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment