Events

Uys ready for ProNutro Magalies Monster title defence

· By Matt · 0 comments

Henry Uys (Honeydew, Westrand) will be hoping for a successful title defence on Saturday, 25 May 2013 when he takes on the much respected ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU. Taking place at the ATKV Buffelspoort (North West Province) entrants can choose between three spectacular routes: a 20km fun ride, a more serious 40km race or the 70km Monster.

Henry Uys (Honeydew, Westrand) will be hoping for a successful title defence on Saturday, 25 May 2013 when he takes on the much respected ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU at the ATKV Buffelspoort (North West Province). Seen here: Uys during the ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic in 2012. Photo Credit ~ Cherie Vale / NEWSPORT MEDIA

Uys, who has competed at the ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic since 2009, was over the moon when he finally took gold in the 70km Monster in 2012. “I’ve always wanted to win this race, because of the brutality and the challenge that it presents. The ProNutro Magalies Monster is one of few mountain bike races that can be called a true “Mountain Bike Race”. The event is well organised and I enjoy the various elements of the route – concrete pipeline, the single track, and the rugged rocky terrain. I enjoy that it is a “strong” rider’s race and you need to be sharp at all times, because one lapse in concentration can mean the end of the race. The route is brutal and tests you at every pedal stroke, whether you’re going uphill or downhill. The terrain is rocky and the climb up the Monster is long and energy-sapping. The rest of the route has a bit of everything with some really good single track, nice fast open dirt roads and sections through the farmlands. Every year I vow never to come back, but then the desire to challenge and push myself to the limit gets the better of me and I find myself on the start line again. The ProNutro Magalies Monster definitely lives up to its name,” says Uys.

EVENT INFO

DATE: Saturday, 25 May 2013

VENUE: ATKV Buffelspoort (North West Province)

DISTANCE, COST & START: 70km / R180 / 08h00 / limited to 600 riders

40km / R120 / 08h30 / limited to 600 riders

20km / R60 / 09h00 / limited to 400 riders

Entrants will receive a Goodie Bag, while medals will be awarded to all finishers.

All 2013 ProNutro Magalies Monster participants can look forward to stocking up on energy at the much loved Bokomo Breakfast Zone which will open at 06:00am.

Follow us on Twitter: @magmonstermtb

Like our Facebook Page: Stillwater Sport & Entertainment

For more information on the action packed ProNutro Magalies Monster MTB Classic presented by ISUZU

contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.magaliesmonster.co.za.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment